Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I love newborns



A baby will make love stronger,

days shorter,

nights longer,

bankroll smaller,

home happier,

clothes shabbier,

the past forgotten,

and the future worth living for.

-- Anonymous






  • I love the funny faces they make when they sleep

  • I love the way they smell

  • I love the noises they make (except when it's in the middle of the night and it keeps you awake wondering if they're going to start crying any second)

  • I love the baby-fine hair (a mullet in Aubree's case)

  • I love their smiles (not purposely at me - I think Aubree sees angels and is smiling at them). But, it is the best thing in the world when they finally smile at you on purpose

  • I love how they curl up in the fetal position and mold to you when you're holding them

  • I love how they start rooting around trying to get their mouth on anything, in hopes of finding something for their belly.

  • And I love the sound they make when they finally get their fist in their mouth and start sucking - so cute.

  • I LOVE how Aubree just stares at me so peacefully like she knows me and like she's trying to memorize my face and my voice. She has a lot of quiet-awake moments where she just observes things around her (she's not very fussy...so far).

I have thoroughly been enjoying having this new little baby in our home! Although I am feeling quite sleep deprived! I am definitely not used to sleepless nights...for the most part. When Carly and Ellie do wake up in the night it is usually very easy to get them back to sleep (not to mention that Aaron has been the one waking up with Carly and Ellie ever since I got pregnant with Aubree). Anyway, I'm really enjoying Aubree and wondering why life wasn't a breeze when I just had Carly as a newborn. I had the baby blues pretty bad with her and some major anxiety issues and I just felt so overwhelmed and like I couldn't keep up with everything. Now, that I've done this three times I just wish I would have enjoyed the newborn stage with Carly more. (I didn't love her any less, I was just sooooo stressed out. all. the. time.) But Aaron says that I can enjoy Carly now. But man, I just wish life would slow down a bit! (Do you ever feel like you don't have time to enjoy life because there's too much to get done?) I'm sure things will start to slow down a bit once we get into a routine with three kids. I really do feel so grateful to have three beautiful and healthy girls!


p.s. Yesterday I found a couple pictures of Carly when she was about a month old. I think that her and Aubree look a lot alike. I don't have digital copies of them, so I'll try to scan some in and post them. And I'll try to find some newborn pics of Ellie too - we seem to have lost all of her newborn pictures though. :(

15 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Yeah...I hope the next one is a little easier, Military healthcare (although free) isn't always the most efficient. Anyway, great to hear from you, I would love an invite!
melissa.stockhoff@gmail.com

Annette said...

They grow so FAST! I can't believe how big Zada is to me already. She's only 4 months old, but not the little newborn she used to be. I already wish I took more pictures. I am thankful the first two months went fast though. At least I'm getting sleep now! Aubree is a cuty, enjoy her!

Shawna said...

She is very cute! And I am sad that I can't hold her! I totally know what you mean about life slowing down! And yet other times we can't wait for them to grow up!! Just try to enjoy it while you can cause they will be gone soon(or thats what all those old people keep telling me at church, and in the grocery store, and just about everywhere you happen to run into old people--they lie in wait ready to give you advice...And This is the only advice I always remember--probably because I know I need to work on it).

I am so glad that she has been a good baby so far..hopefully that means she will be sleeping through the night soon so that you can get back to doing that yourself.

Kyle and Lacey said...

This is such a cute post. It almost makes me baby hungry ... almost. haha I absolutely LOVE the newborn stage too and am so sad in a way that my "newborn" is now 7 months old! (Though every stage is fun in its own way.) Such a cutie!! I'm glad she has been calm so far--I'm sure that will continue.

Denney's said...

This post almost makes me a little big baby hungry. I always thought that I would use the ey ending but I do like the nick name Bree so maybe I will use the ee. Newborns are so much fun.

reisnersest03 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
reisnersest03 said...

She is a beautiful baby! I totally know what you mean by thinking back on only having one child. Now, at this point, I feel like that should have been so dang easy!! Why did I ever think that just getting up with one little baby was hard at all! It is hard to enjoy every minute with little ones. I think it's something we all strive to do but sometimes hearing "mom" one more time is about to make you go crazy!!

reisnersest03 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MommaM said...

She is SO beautiful! New babies are great. I also love their noises (most of them).

Brooke Campbell said...

She is so beautiful!!! Your comments at the beginning made me cry! This newborn stage just fly's by...and I'm sorry but I don't think it ever slows down! Preslie is going to be 1 next month and I swear it was just a month ago that I had her. I miss her being my little newborn! My advice for you would be to try and make yourself disappear as much as you can for a while with your little family in your arms while you enjoy this precious time together! Take care!

Janel Ruzzi said...

Camille, she is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I know what you mean about looking back and wondering why you had such a hard time with only one! It's amazing how our perspective changes with additional children. Enjoy your newest little one!

Natalie said...

What a cutie! I must be wimpy, but I thought 2 was an adjustment. I think all changes in life are a bit hard. I know exactly how you feel about sometimes there is just too much stuff to do. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just cuddle your kids ALL day!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Ohhhh i love newborns. I just want to come and hold her. She is beautiful Camille!

Natalie said...

She is so cute! I'm so glad that you are loving having a newborn again!

Leah said...

She is such a beautiful baby! Ditto on everything you said about the first child. I don't feel like I enjoyed Jace as much as I do Brody. I was so uptight, freaking out about every little thing like baby food on his clothes... so dumb! We definitely learn to relax with each child that comes. It's ok, probably pretty normal we can't beat ourselves up about it! I remember the first few months that Brody was born I felt like things were so crazy and I wondered if I would ever get a schedule going. But nine months later things are going so good and I finally feel like I have a good balance and I am able to manage 3 little ones. The newborn stage is just really hard and demanding. I am glad you are enjoying your sweet little Aubree :)