Carly - 5 years. People ask us all the time if Carly and Ellie are twins (Carly is only 1 1/2 inches taller than Ellie), which used to really bug Carly, but now she thinks it's funny that they always trick people! Her and Ellie have been getting along pretty well lately (only fighting 30% of the time instead of 60%), I just love to see them playing well together and make-believing with each other - they are so creative! Carly is definitely a leader - she is very good at directing all the other kids (neighbors and friends) when they play house (even if she is supposed to be the baby in the game). I asked Carly what she wanted me to say about her on our blog - "That I'm really nice" - well, she gets an "E" for effort. She really does try, but she takes after her Mom...(not a whole lot of natural patience). I've said this before, but she is just a very passionate girl. Aaron hopes that when she's older she gets called as the R.S. "Passionate" service leader (his version of compassionate service leader I guess) - ha ha!! She asks some of the most interesting questions - she is so curious and eager to learn.
Me - I'm not one of those superwomen who can keep up on a blog and be a good mother, wife, housekeeper, enrichment leader, etc. all at the same time. I'm really trying to work on my organizational skills! So, I've been blogging less and watching movies less and going to bed earlier and waking up at 6am (a few days a week) to go walking and read my scriptures (I realized that I need to start my days off better). The biggest reason I decided to start walking is because I usually go through every day feeling tired and in a fog. And I'm sick of feeling so worn out and having to miss out on motherhood because of it. I want my girls to have memories of me playing with them and being cheerful and excited about life. (As I said earlier "I'm trying".) Most people I talk to who do exercise say they can tell a difference in their energy level, so I'm hoping it works for me. Another reason I've started walking is because I've been blessed with a healthy body, and up to this point I've just taken that for granted, so I want to do something to show that I'm grateful to have a healthy body. I know walking isn't a big deal, but it's a starting point.
Aaron - Still has a job which is seriously a blessing (and a miracle considering how slow things are at his firm and how many landscape architects are out of jobs right now). But, it's still likely that he could lose his job at any time. I just wonder when things will pick back up again. It's interesting to think about where the future might take us! Aaron's been studying for the last two tests in the licensing exam and he takes the tests this weekend. I'm thinking he'll pass and then he will be official! He's also been getting really excited for his big hunt in two weeks with his cousin Terrance. Right now Aaron is carrying Aubree on his shoulders and supervising the other kids outside - such a good Daddy. (Sorry, no picture of Aaron - I just realized that Aaron and I need to actually include ourselves in some of the pictures.)
p.s. Another movie recommendation that I forgot about: BBC's Little Dorrit (based on the novel by Charles Dickens). Very highly recommend it - both Aaron and I really liked it! Sometimes BBC movies aren't very good with the acting and look low budget, but not this one. Seriously, WAY good acting, awesome story, very well made.
8 comments:
I enjoy all your postings so don't listen to Aaron. haha. I can't wait to get together. I was thinking about the last time we saw each other and I think it was when Carly was a baby. My memory is getting pretty bad though. Old age. haha.
Your girls are gorgeous! Think of how much fun they are going to have growing up together. Sisters are the best!
I have been going to bed earlier and waking up much earlier as well. Although not entirely by choice! This whole school thing is such a new experience for me. But I do love how I feel having breakfast and gym done in the morning before 10am!! Kudos to you for getting up early and starting your day off right. Our kids need us mommy's to be able to keep up with them. (how do they have that much energy, I swear!)
Love all the updates! Your little girls all seem to have the best personalities! So cute! Very impressive with the workouts and getting up early to read...I try to do this but sometimes i value my sleep more than exercise! Keep it up!
So fun to read about what you've been up to and your cute girls! It just made me smile reading about their cute little personalities. I would love to see Kadri and Carly play together--Kadri is so bossy sometimes and I am constantly telling her to let others be the leader once in a while! :-) And for the record, I have always thought, and will always think, that you are completely amazing and have so many awesome talents and traits that I wish I had! That is awesome that you are getting up so early to exercise and read--way to be inspiring!
Ahhh the hairbrushing train...clever way to con your girls into playing with your hair. I've tried that and so far Brad and Hayley aren't falling for it! They are getting so big - when are we going to see each other?!?
Your girls are so cute. Really. I promise not to steal them, but seriously adorable! It's fun to see how their little (or big) personalities are developing. I honestly cannot believe that Carly is 5. WOW. Camile, you really make me want to be bette. You have such great goals, even if you don't make them everyday, you are trying, and that is key! I would say good luck to Aaron on the exam, but its over now, so I just hope it went well!!
love your fam!
I really enjoyed this post Camile! Your girls have gotten so big, and I'm TRYING too. Maybe I should wake up at 6 am. When you get up to IF it would be great to see you guys.
I agree with you. I think the more kids you have the more you appreciate the baby stage of life. Maybe its because you know that it won't last for long.
I am impressed you are trying to get up at 6am. I have been doing the same thing (or at least trying) for years now. I do like it when I get up and exercise and doing some scripture reading before anyone else is up, but sometimes its hard to make myself get out of bed. I would say I win the fight with the pillow at least 90% of the time though. I do think it gets easier the longer you do it, and if you get to sleep the whole night. ;)
Post a Comment