Friday, December 4, 2009

Well, it's been over a month since my last post. I feel like I should apologize or say what an awful blogger I am, but honestly, I feel more guilty when I'm posting frequently because it usually means I'm neglecting more important things (cleaning, cooking, running errands and most importantly husband and girls). I have a love/hate relationship with blogging. I love keeping in touch with people and seeing what others are up to and also keeping track of what we've been up to by posting on my blog. But I hate it because for me it takes up a lot of time - checking all my friends' blogs, commenting (which I haven't been doing a lot of lately) and updating mine (downloading pictures/videos and typing up a post) I've used up A LOT of valuable time! (By the way, I just got done making this post and it has taken me over 1 1/2 hours (and that doesn't include the time I spent checking other people's blogs)! Pathetic! Just thought I would insert that here to illustrate my point. I can name about 10 things that I could have gotten done in that time!) Plus, after I've gone a while without posting I get all stressed out about what I should post about - if I should catch up on everything or just start with where we're at. I've thought about just giving up the whole blogging thing (at least for awhile) so that I'm not stressing about it. (I know it's not really a big deal anyway, but I think it just boils down to the fact that I feel kind of overwhelmed with life right now! I mean, life is good, but just a little overwhelming.)




Anywho...
We went home for Thanksgiving (spent 1/2 week in Rexburg and the other half in I.F.). This is our family picture - I wish I could download a better quality (Aaron will have to help me with that maybe). All of my siblings and nieces and nephews were home - 15 adults (including Grandpa Johnson) and 17 kids (ages 17 to 7 months) It was busy and fun and loud!


Grandpa horse giving Carly and Ellie a ride. I Love my Dad!





Carly decorating the Christmas tree in their room.



Aubree! :) 10 months old.



Even though this isn't Ellie's "real" smile I still love it, because she smiles like this when she's trying to be sweet.


Franci's girls and our girls at the Treehouse Museum.



Aubree doing what she does best - just bein' cute (and putting random things in her mouth)!


Aaron and the big girls just got back from the library, so we are now going to start our Fun Family Friday Movie Night with "Ella Enchanted".

13 comments:

Janel Ruzzi said...

I know what you mean about blogging taking up too much time. I hate how long it takes me to upload pictures, so many of my posts have none.

It looks like Thanksgiving was fun, with the whole family together. :)

The Walker Family said...

Holy Cow you sound just like me. I haven't blogged in months. Yes I have guilt for not posting important events but, it's hard to be on top of it and a good mom of three littles ones all at the same time. Your girls have changed so much since the wedding...absolutely adorable. Merry Christmas:)

P.S. this Christmas is the first time I'm going to be with your sis. since the wedding:-)

Chance and Beth said...

While I LOVE that you have a blog and I can check out your SUPER cute girls, I understand the overwelmed feeling! So love the pictures. Everytime I see pics of ellie I'm blown away. I think its the super long blonde hair. She's too grown up. Love it.

Annette said...

I also love your blog. I keep up on mine so that I can print it at the end of the year. It is my scrapbooking/photobook for my family. That is how I justify it. But it does take a lot of time! If you guys are ever in IF with some extra time over the holidays we would love to see you!

Justin and April said...

I would love to do a girls night sometime. Probably in 2010, holiday stuff gets me a little busier than usual. I hope you don't give the blog up, and posting once a month is great. That is about how often i post. I am just noticing that Aubree looks a lot like your mom. so cute! luvs!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

You are right..blogging does take up A LOT of time. I have waisted too much time with it on too many occasions. For me it's sort of 'my time' after Noah goes to bed...and since Andy is across seas I enjoy blogging about him. I know when he gets home that will change though...life will be a lot busier that's for sure.

PS. Thanks for sending me the invite.. I am glad I can finally read up on what your family has been up to!

Leah said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! Blogging has become such a chore for me and I hate that. Why do the pics take so long to upload... I don't have the patience or the time! The fact that we live away from fam is sometimes the only reason that I keep doing it... just want them to be updated on the grandkids ya know?! Anyways... I just love your little Aubree, she is so so CUTE! If you don't have the time to post anything, just throw up some pics of her so we can all enjoy!! ;)

Josh and Jillian said...

I totally understand. There is always stuff to be done and I getting on the computer is low on the list these days. I do love to read updates on you so thanks for posting. I have only been making posts about once every three to four weeks so don't feel bad. I just make sure to post pictures because that is what I love the most. Love you!!

Carr Family said...

I love when you update so i can see pictures of your adorable girls...but don't feel guilty about not posting more. We've all been there. I probably wouldn't post as much if I didn't make them into a book every year.

Shawna said...

love your new little family picture in the corner! amen to your blog post!

Annette said...

The only e-mail address I have for you is Aarons Vandal one. Do you still check it? We live in some apartments in IF. I feel weird posting about it on the internet. . . But my e-mail is ted_annette474@hotmail.com if you are here and want to catch up :)

Brooke Campbell said...

You are doing a better job at blogging than me! I have done maybe 3 posts in a year or something like that. I love to see the pictures. Looks like everyone is happy and growing beautifully-
Take care

Natalie said...

Blogging is hard but I do love it and am using it for my journal so I try really hard to keep up on it, but that doesn't always happen :)
I love when you update your blog!
Looks like you guys had a great time in IF for thanksgiving.