Carly and Ellie love to help do the laundry
The girls and I have had a lot of fun sledding a couple of times.
Carly and I made some really yummy rolls today. Carly is such a good helper...but about half way through the rolling process she told me she wanted to be a clown. I guess that's better than being a baker.
One last thing I wanted to post. It's a poem from a book I've been browsing through "A House of Order" (because I have a hard time with this):
One morning I woke and began resolutely
To work till my taskes were done absolutely.
I decided I would not waste even a minute--
In the race against time, I determined to win it.
I started all right, first clearing the dishes,
Then saw it was time to clean the bowl for the fishes.
As I reached for the cleanser, I thought that I'd better
Grab soap flakes as well for washing a sweater.
As I went for the sweater, I saw that the bed
Needed staightening, so stopped to do that instead.
Just then the phone rang, and while I was answereing it,
I saw plants on the sill that needed watering a bit.
So went my day, and I worked till bone tired;
Then happy and proud, I sat back and admired.
But taking stock of my home, my joy soon diminished;
Everything was started, but nothing was finished.
-Donette V. Ockley
No comments:
Post a Comment