Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter and Other Random Pictures

Easter Egg Hunt


At our stake primary activity Carly found a bunch of plastic eggs filled with candy, but another little girl in our ward only found two, so we encouraged Carly to share an egg with her. I was so proud when Carly shared an egg and was praising her when she said to me: “There wasn’t anything in that egg.”


Face painting at the carnival




Ellie looks warily at the Easter Bunny





The Easter Bunny was actually one of Aaron’s old mission companions. Ellie obviously didn’t recognize him in the costume



Genius Idea
The girls were waiting impatiently for their dyed eggs to dry. Carly suddenly ran out of the kitchen saying “I have an idea” She came back carrying this fan from her bedroom.




We had an Easter dinner with some friends - we are so grateful to have such great friends here while we are living away from family.



Kool-Aid Play Dough


(The Kool-Aid gives it color and a great smell too.)
1 cup water
1 Tbsp oil
1 cup flour
½ cup salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 pkg (.13 oz) of Kool-Aid

Pour water and oil in sauce pan and bring to boil over high heat. Mix dry ingredients and add to water. Take off of heat and mix well. Remove from pan and knead dough until you get a smooth texture.


Ellie reading with friends



Our Ward’s Primary (3 Sunbeams)

Jarom, Kaydence, and Carly






8 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like you have been up to a lot of fun. It makes me miss Moscow a bit. Never thought that would happen when we first moved there. You were an awesome friend! Thanks! Your girls are so cute and it is seeming to be a bit like you wanted- they could be twins! What's your calling these days!? Seems like Kennedy's face should be next to Carly's in the sunbeam picture!

Angela said...

That is so funny about Carly sharing the empty egg! She is so smart! I think Sophie would be scared of the Easter Bunny too, from a distance she'd be OK but not up close! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Looks like you had a fun Easter weekend!

Shawna said...

hurray for a new post! What cute pictures. Your girls look adorable in their matching shirts! And carly is so funny! I love it! the reading picture is quite funny too...especially the upside down book in the middle!

Shawna said...

by the way...since you haven't gotten around to posting on the busy happy children blog I am stealing your picture and recipe for playdough and posting it there..hope you don't mind. :)

Erika and Jason said...

I love all of the pictures that you took. I just wish that my easter could have been as good as yours, not on the couch sick.

Kyle and Lacey said...

Your girls are too cute. Oh how Kyle and I laughed at Carly sharing her egg. That is too funny! It looks like you guys had a way fun Easter get-together.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Your kids are adorable, it looks like they keep you busy. Glad things are going well.

Katyanne said...

Hey Camile there a few pictures of kaydence and soren on this blog. My kids were way excited to see themselves. I don't know what we are going to do next year when you leave. We are going to be all alone in primary. Soren and Kaydence...thats about it. When you get a chance can you email me that picture of kaydence on the bunny??? I can bring a CD over if you want and burn it. Any I am glad you have a blog and we can keep in touch when you leave.

http://katyanneatkinson.blogspot.com