Monday, July 21, 2008

July... so far

The month started off with my whole family (my parents and siblings and kids) loading into an RV and suburban and going camping in Wyoming over the 4th of July. It was so fun and crazy! Some of the fun things I want to remember:





-we almost tipped the RV over when it got stuck in the mud and started to slip (our prayers were answered though and we got there safe)
-had lots of great food (chili twice in a row though- not the best for close quarter sleeping)
-slept 15 in the RV (you have to be really creative to do this- we had two or three kids on the big dash board every night, and several on the floor)
-a bumpy, dirt rode ride for 5+ hours to do some daytime activities, 16 people in my parents suburban on the way back to camp
-family pictures on the 3rd day camping without any showers (does that seem strange or is it just me? They actually might turn out pretty good though- our hair all has a REALLY healthy shine) - all the pictures are on my brother's camera, of course!
-the beautiful, natural landscape of Wyoming - mountains, red hills, wild flowers...
-my cousin, Nathan, reported on his mission that he just got back from and bore his testimony
-breakfasts of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, orange juice and hot cocoa every morning (I think, in a 3-day period I ate at least 9 pieces of bacon)



The week after the camping trip Aaron went back to Utah for work and the girls and I stayed in IF. The next weekend was Michelle Johnson's wedding - sooooo beautiful! (I'll post pictures when I get a hold of my parents camera.)

Aaron came up that weekend and we celebrated his 28th birthday at his parents home. Brett and Megan gave Aaron these fake teeth that the kids are wearing! So funny!
We are so grateful for such a wonderful Daddy and Husband!


Aaron is really enjoying his job here (whew!). He likes the people he works with and likes the work he's doing. He has been working on designs for a planned community in Rexburg, across from the temple. He has also kind of become their in-house artist. People come to him with their designs and ask him to draw it up and make it look good. He is so talented!

Also this month I finally took off the title that I had on our blog for the whole winter and spring: 3 Girls, 1 Boy, and the Common Cold. I figured we hadn't had a cold in about a month and it is summertime. Well, wouldn’t you guess…we all got a cold the next week!

On Saturday I donated 11 inches to Locks of Love! It's so nice to not have all that hair in the hot weather.
Do I look tired? I am.
My bishop said he saw a bumper sticker that said: "Retired. I was tired yesterday, and I'm tired again today". I guess I'm retired! :)

13 comments:

Shawna said...

Your hair looks sooo cute! I am totally going and getting my hair cut again after seeing how cute yours is. And you look way good in that picture. That is awesome that you were able to donate your hair...I don't think I could ever grow my hair that long...although it did look beautiful on you.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is really cute maybe it will inspire me to cut mine. I wish we could have come camping it looked really fun.

Red & Lyss said...

I really like your hair Camille! To answer your questions from my blog: I am not longer on medication or bed rest. I think this little girl is stubborn like me, and since she didn't get to come out when she wanted to at 27 weeks, she is going to sit pretty and drive her mommy crazy! I am glad that everything is going well for you guys!

Katyanne said...

oh no!!!! your hair is gone. Now you look like you did when you were dating and got married. I loved your hair.. So pretty. But it doesn't look to bad!!!! it actually looks great..even with the tired look. Not really tired more like really annoyed that your getting your picture taken but trying to smile anyway.

Leah said...

You look great! I can't believe you donated that much hair, it must have been really long!
I was laughing that picture of your little girl and those teeth is hilarious! And come on, 9 pieces of bacon? You can do better than that!! I would have. Cute post, sounds like you have been busy and having tons of fun too.

Jen said...

love your hair camile! Miss you guys! Glad to hear you are doing well! We are finally leaving Pullman next week but we are sad!!!

Erika and Jason said...

I love your hair. Where in Wyoming did you go camping? It sounds like you all are having a good summer.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I know what you mean about short hair in the weather but also with kids, mine keeps getting shorter and shorter...I love your new length. Looks like you have had lots of fun family time, I love the 4th!

Jill W said...

Very cute hair! I tried to grow mine out to dnate to Lock of Love when I was pregnant with Lucy, but after she was born it still wasn't long enough, and I was sick of long hair, so I gave up. What a great thing for you to do!

Anonymous said...

Finally took the short hair plunge, huh? Well, I think it's darling. I'm glad you had fun on your trip. I think it would have driven me crazy with all the close quarters. I'm glad that Aaron is doing so well at work. I knew he would and he'll be famous before he knows it. Miss you guys.

Natalie said...

Love the new haircut! I keep thinking about doing that but just haven't worked up the guts yet. Also that picture of Wyoming is gorgeous!

Shawna said...

camile, I just had to let you know that I loved the comment you left me today..I laughed so hard! Thanks!

Josh and Jillian said...

Canoe, You should have let me cut 11 inches off your hair! Oh wait, I have already done that before. hahaha. I will have to post more pictures of my family. Kylie is turning 15 this month and is going into 10th grade. She is on varsity cheer quad. Can you believe that? It seems like only a few years ago that we were sophomores. Next week, I will also have a VERY special posting. Love ya!