Friday, November 14, 2008

All about Carly and Ellie


Ellie with a "real" smile! She has just learned how to zip up her coat all by herself (Carly just learned too). Ellie will be three in just two months.



Carly found this snail a while back (I am so amazed at how unafraid she is of bugs and slimy things!) Carly turned 4 in August.





Although it was hard, at times, to have Carly and Ellie so close together (17 months), I am so grateful now because they are such good friends and entertain each other so well!



We are doing a preschool/joyschool for Carly right now and the past few weeks have been at my home (Ellie joins the other three kids when it's at my house) - Let me just say, I hope I am never in a position where I feel like I need to homeschool my children!
Today for preschool we talked about children all around the world. Here they are with their homemade, paper bag, pinatas.




One thing that Carly and Ellie love to do together is make-believe. Some of their favorites:
-One of them is the Mommy and the other is the baby or puppy. Today Carly was Mary and Ellie was Baby Jesus.
-Sharks or aligators are on the family room floor and they have to get away from them.
-Imaginary puppies and kittens need to be rescued and taken care of.
-One of them is the librarian (they will sit and read books for a really long time).
I love listening to them make up different situations and playing so well with each other.

They still fight a lot though. Some of the biggest issues:
-Carly won't let Ellie brush her hair
-Who gets the favorite color cup, spoon, fork, or whatever (I've tried to explain that the water/food tastes the same either way - they don't care!)
-Who gets to ride on Daddy's shoulders
-"She hit (or kicked or pinched or touched) me!"
-They both want to be in charge at the same time (This is usually what it always boils down to)


If I would have known 20 years ago how irritating it was to listen to your kids fight, I would have been much kinder to Stephanie. It does give me great hope to think of what great friends Steph and I are now though!



This is Carly with a couple of her friends - the one on the left is a year older than her and the one on the right is only 4 months older than her! (Carly is so tiny!!!)

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Fun post! Your girls are getting so big so fast! I love the silly pictures they have together. And the cute matching outfits!! I totally agree with you...I hope and pray that I never have to homeschool my kids...I don't have the patience and they will be happier to do it for someone else and learn a lot more!!

Leah said...

What a funny post! Good to hear that my kids aren't the only ones that fight like cats and dogs... drives me crazy too! It's good that you have documented the cute things they do together, they will love reading this when they are older. And the part about you going back 20 years and not fighting with your sister... Well put!! Funny how the tables turn when we are older.

Oh yeah, Carly IS so tiny!! I just want to squeeze her she is so adorable!

Nissa-Lynn said...

You're such a great Mom! I did joy school with Kay-Lynn and yes, it sure does take work...YOU're children are darling..they have a happy light in their eyes!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

What a fun thing to remember. I think the fighting is a girl thing for sure, Britt ad I use to fight too. That is one thing about little boys, there isnt much fighting, just a lot of wrestling and sward fighting. One will get hit pretty hard and say I'm tough and keep at it. So funny to me. Anyway, your little girls have the most beautiful little faces.

Heidi Parson said...

Camile,
I always LOVE your posts your girls are so funny, so cute and sooo tiny!!! We wish we saw your guys more, It's crazy how close we are but still so far away. Megan is so excited for Thanksgiving to be able to play with all her girl Cousins. We will see you in just a couple of days!!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

I really enjoyed that! I am so excited to see my little boy grow so that my two can interact like that. You girls are so beautiful! I love their imagination. Also... on the post below you look so cute!! I love baby bellies! And I am loving that maternity shirt. So cute!

Natalie said...

Very cute post about your adorable little girls! I think all siblings have to fight at some point in their lives...at least they are getting it out of their systems now!

Jill W said...

What a great idea for joy school! I think I might do that when it's my turn! Email me about the other fun things you did!

tjayandjulie said...

Cute blog, its fun to see what people from back home have been up to. Have a favor. Could you e-mail me Brett and Heidi's e-mail? T.Jay and I would love to see what they have been up to? Thanks! Julie Saunders Robinson, cleanmouth2@gmail.com

Janel Ruzzi said...

I so understand how hard it is to have two girls so close together, but there are rewards too! Your girls are very cute and tiny is okay too! Emily is so short that she looks like she should be a first grader still (and she is an old 2nd grader--just missed the deadline!). That's okay some of the best things in life come in small packages.