Friday, November 21, 2008

Five Years!

(...a little early, but I don't know if I'll get a chance to post this next week)





2008




In the past five years...

We have had 2 sweet girls with another one on the way.
Lots of diaper changing -- we figure it's somewhere around 7,500...at LEAST!!!
(Out of our five years of marriage, almost two of those have been spent pregnant!)

14 church callings - (currently Aaron is our ward's "Piano Man" - ward organist, primary pianist, choir pianist - obviously they have a hard time finding people to do this in our ward. And I just got the calling to be the R.S. Enrichment Leader.)

lived in 4 different apartments (in Idaho and Utah)

3 bachelors and a masters degree (Aaron has two bachelors degrees)

I've only had 1 job (for the first nine months - until Carly came) Aaron has had about 9 different jobs.

(warning: this next one could be it's own separate post) In five years we have purchased only 1 item of furniture - our bed - and this we didn't purchase until we moved to Moscow. The first couple weeks we had a blow-up mattress and after that Aaron's parents let us borrow two twin beds that we pushed together (one was even a little shorter than the other - ha ha!) All of the other furniture we own has been given to us - some new, but mostly rejects/hand-me-downs. Our kitchen table, couches, rocker/glider, bookshelf, TV and TV stand, crib, pack-n-play, girls' twin beds, all four of our dressers, and most of our home decor... Yeah, you're probably thinking we're way cheap - but we like to call it frugal :)! We are planning on buying our second item of furniture soon - another dresser so we can fit all of the girls clothes when the new little one comes. But wait a second... I just remembered that my parents have a couple dressers that they haven't been using for a few years now... :)

In the past five years we have owned only 1 car (which we did buy). Luckily, this car hasn't given up on us, and luckily, Aaron's work pays for him to use public transportation. We obviously love the saying:
Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Or do without
A great saying to live by,


In the past five years we have driven back and forth between Rexburg (Aaron's parents) and Idaho Falls (my parents) way too many times!

In the past five years I have felt so lucky to have met Aaron and married him - and as my Dad has said: "There aren't any better than this, Camile." I agree.

14 comments:

MommaM said...

Congratulations.

Nissa-Lynn said...

That's awesome! We agree with ya'll in your way of "budget living" thinking. Alot of the furniture in our home was given to us or way cheap! Hey, It saves money!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I am the Enrichment leader as well. I love it! Ok I can't believe only one piece of furniture, way to use up what you've got. I love all that you have done in 5 yrs, sounds like its been quite an adventure.

Heidi Parson said...

Loved the Post! Congrats on 5 years. Just think in the next five years, so many exicting things are going to happen for you and your family! You've done your time in school. Know it's your turn to just settle in and see what happens with life. It will be so exciting when you buy your first home and furntiure to fill it. There is nothing more thrilling! Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday!

Annette said...

congrats! I think I'm getting close to your diaper count!

Natalie said...

I love that saying...if only i could convince by husband to do that :)

Lyss said...

Congratulations! As I was reading your post I was amazed that you only have had to buy one piece of furniture, but then I thought about how we have only bought a couch with our own money! Fun, fun starving student life! Lucky you to be out of it!

Brooke Campbell said...

So Cute!! I loved that post! Isn't married life great! Jarom and I have been married 8 years this last October!! Crazy huh! Can't wait to see you...call me next time you come visit!

Kyle and Lacey said...

Happy anniversary! We're certainly glad you two ended up together! What a cute family!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

You make sacrificing look fun! This was a very good post for me to read. Hey I am enrichment leader as well and if you have any superb Christmas ideas (they just called me and asked me to plan a program to go with our dinner ..which is next week) feel free to pass them on!! Hahaha that sounds desperate. I am in a ward with a lot of elderly sisters and not much in between. It has been a great calling to get to know the sisters. I hope you have the same experience!

Shawna said...

Congrats!! I tried to comment last week but blogger was being weird..so here is my belated comment...
Great stats by the way...it is amazing what two people can accomplish in just 5 years...imagine what your stats will look like in another 20 years. And it is really amazing that you have never bought furniture(and I remember Curt and I feeling soo bad that you didn't have a bed when you got married). We have bought 4 beds, 2 couches, a fridge, table..(wait--didn't you buy a table??)Anyway, you two have been really blessed!
I am soo glad that you two ended up together. It has been so fun to have you two as friends! Here's to another hundred million years!!

Leah said...

Congratulations on 5 years!! I loved reading your post. You are going to look back and love this time where you had to be somewhat creative with what you had! You guys are awesome... such a cute couple and beautiful little family! 7500 diapers!!! Man, I hate to think what our diaper tally is up to by now!LOL

Orange Juice said...

Markelle Hofuff

What an adorable post! Just for the record, I am the enrichment leader too. You will have to give me some tips and hints, I just got called a few months ago. Happy Anniversary.
Love
D'On Eastview

reisnersest03 said...

I loved your post on the last five years! It's amazing all that we get accomplished in those first years of marriage. Mike and I just had our five year this year too and it's fun to look back on all the funny and fun things we did!! Congrats!!