Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start ...

(from "The Sound of Music")
The birthday girls. We had a birthday party for Ellie on my birthday. (January)

Can you believe those cheeks!?! Oh man! I'm surprised she's made it this far in life without someone (me or sisters) chewing those cheeks right off! Unfortunately she's been slimming up over the last several month, but she still gets compliments on those cheeks of hers.

Sleeping Beauty - Ellise
Even at 4 1/2 she could still use a nap almost every day
(but of course this only happens once in a blue moon)


Fourth of July


What a big girl! She's talking (one or two-word phrases or jabbering), and she is sassy and feisty. It's super cute now, but I'm a little nervous for what's to come.


Aaron took the girls on a Stake Father Daughter camp out. They had a blast!



Aaron and I at my cousin's reception

The big girls took swimming lessons for about a month and had such a good time and learned a lot. The nice thing was that they got pretty swimmed-out and didn't beg to use the pool at our house for that month.


Dressing up with our new best friend Rosie. She lives across the street and walks Carly home from school each day. She plays (kinda' babysits) at our house most days of the week - I LOVE this girl!! She is such a sweetheart and has such a neat family.


Carly and Daddy after her birthday party. She planned her whole party (with a little supervision). When the day finally came, Aaron took her to the grocery store to buy ice cream for the party while all her friends arrived. When she got home they threw balloons and confetti and totally surprised her! I tried to download the video, but as you can see, it's not here- it was so cute!
 

The girls and our garden (two malnutritioned tomato plants)


Being sweet sisters



"Smile Aubree!"




p.s. Nothing new with the job situation. We have a lot of contacts though and some definite possibilities... we're really hopeful. Things had been pretty rough at his architecture firm for so long, and with two pay cuts we were living pretty tight, so we're excited for what's in store. The money hasn't run out yet, so I don't think reality has hit yet either. (Thanks for all of your thoughtful comments.)

12 comments:

Kyle and Lacey said...

LOVED the pictures!! You have such a beautiful family! You can totally see the personality of your girls shining through in the pictures. So cute!

Anonymous said...

those pictures are so cute, of course your girls are adorable! im so sorry about aarons job, i know he will find something soon, he is so good at what he does. cant wait to read more blog posts (i know i need to work on mine :-)

Lyss said...

Your family is so cute, and the girls are so grown-up! We hope that things keep looking up in the job dept. We know that good people deserve good things, and you guys definitely fall in that category :)!

Natalie said...

LOVE all the pics! I still cannot get over how big Aubree is! Keeping you in our prayers!

Chance and Beth said...

Those cheeks really are to die for! Most beautiful girls I know! Um, also, love the shoes you wore to the reception. Such a cute couple! Sorry to hear about Aaron's job. I thought being in school was tough, but job hunting is worse. You are good people, and I know that Heavenly Father is aware and has good things waiting for you! Much love!

Shawna said...

THANK YOU for updating! I love reading your updates and seeing all your cute pictures. The girls are all sooo cute! I just love little aubree's cheeks. And the birthday parties sounded fun especially the surprise party for Carly. I love the picture of you and Aaron --you look beautiful! And aaron doesn't look too bad either but his shoes are definitely not as cool as yours(sorry aaron it's true:). I'm glad you are enjoying having aaron home a little more and I know things are going to work out for you soon! I'm still waiting for you to post those family pictures:)

Katie said...

It was so good to see you at my wedding! Thanks again for coming! You have such a cute family.

New Mexican Youngs said...

I can't get over how cute your girls are--they are getting so big! We are so thinkin of you.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

FINALLY! I love all the updates, great pictures:)

Orange Juice said...

So fun. So i thought of you because I went to an intermediate/adv. dance class at CenterStage here in Orem! It rocked me. But I thought of how fun it would have been if u were there too. Like old times. Good luck with everything. your attitude will bring many blessings. love you

Jen said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! We've missed you guys! The girls are all so big! I can't believe it!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

You have such a beautiful family :) You have such a positive attitude and I am so happy you updated.