Friday, February 25, 2011

here and there

This is the view we have out our back window in the winter time - so beautiful! And in the summer - even better!


Two miniature Mommies



This little girl is so much fun! Some of her latest phrases: "I don' wannu", "Love oo", and "my do it". She loves to pretend to be a puppy and loves for me to pretend to be a baby. Sometimes she'll pretend to be my baby and just cuddle with me - so sweet. I wish I could share all of her cuteness in this blog, but so much of it is just in her body language and the way she moves and talks.






Ellie and I made this cake from scratch - start to finish. (I'm sure you were thinking we had this ordered from some fancy bakery and paid a lot of money for it :))



So, things here are going really well. Aaron got a job at an Engineering Firm in W. Jordan in November - Yay! They have been SUPER busy and Aaron really likes the people he works with. We feel really blessed that Aaron got this job so quickly.

Carly on class picture day. 6 going on 16 - seriously! This girl keeps me on my toes. She is ALWAYS listening and asking hard questions. She really likes Kindergarten and has picked up on reading so quickly. She struggled at the beginning of the year with making friends which was really hard for her (and me). There are a bunch of girls in her class that have grown up in the same ward and she was the only girl who didn't know anyone. I was really surprised because Carly has always been our social bug and other kids have always been drawn to her. But, she has now found her place in the social scheme of things and is loving it. Here's a cute story about how Carly can be such a sweet sister: Ellise had spent a lot of time coloring Valentine's for some of her neighbor friends while Carly was at school. Then Ellie went to the mailbox to see if she got anything ..... nothing. So, when Carly got home from school with a big bag of Valentines, Ellie felt pretty bad. A few minutes later Carly told us to go check the mail. Inside was a cute picture/Valentine that Carly had secretly made for Ellise.



Ellise is so creative and inventive. She made this toy ALL BY HERSELF. It's a plastic cup with a string coming out of it and a bead at the end of the string. (You try to catch the bead in the cup.) Just today she asked me why we don't see a crack in everything. I kind of gave her a blank look. So, she pointed to the bridge of her nose and asked me why there isn't a gap when we look at things. (You have to be really bright to understand what she's asking - it took me awhile :)) I had never thought of it before, but thought is was a very good question. (Maybe our good friend, Dr. Klingler, has a 5-year-old explanation for us)


3 comments:

Shawna said...

wow! I thought you had left the blogging world for good! I was pleasantly surprised to find this post! Thanks for the update! Isn't it fun to watch kids grow up, change, ask interesting questions and discover their many talents. Your girls are all so cute and we hope they will all come to visit us VERY soon! Alia often asks when Carly and the other Ellie (she has a friend named Ellie) are going to visit us. In fact she would really like to visit your house. She told me she loves your house--"it is so fun!" I have to agree on that one. I am so happy that Aaron is liking his new job and that things are looking good there. The view from your house is very pretty- like something out of a calendar-- I won't even tell you about all the green and red I see out of my window. I guess you will just have to come see it for yourself:)!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

YOU UPDATED!! I loved reading about your kids, your youngest seems like she has quite the personality. Also i am glad Carly found great friends:)

Kyle and Lacey said...

What a fun update! Your girls are so adorable! Kyle says maybe explain it like headlights on a car. If you get close enough there is a gap, but the lights work together and spread out to overlap and light the way, just like eyesight. :)