Aubree has a hard time pronouncing some "s" words, so Aaron tries to help her with it. So, for "scared" Aubree would say "gared". Aaron would have her make the "s" sound and then "cared", sometimes she would get it, sometimes not. But now when ever she's trying to tell us something, but we don't understand, she puts an "s" at the beginning and then says the word again. It goes something like this,
"I want some cany."
Dad: "some what?"
Aubree: "ssss - candy".
Unfortunatley she has some rare illness. The symptoms only come on when she's asked to do something she doesn't want to but the sypmtoms go away immediately if we suggest that a nap would help. For example:
Mommy: "Aubree, please bring your plate to the sink."
Aubree: "My belly hurts."
Mommy: "Okay, you better go lay down so it will feel better"
Aubree then picks up her plate and takes it to the sink - her belly is better.
Other common symptoms sometimes include an ouchie bum or ouchie lips.
Could she possibly be any cuter?!

Another Aubree moment: Her friend, Malia came over to play the other day. They were playing nicely in the front room while I was busy in the family room. I could hear them, but wasn't really paying attention to what they were doing until I hear Aubree exclaim, "It's a book!" I hear ripping noices and run into the front room where I see Aubree and Malia having their own Christmas party - they were about half way through the presents under the tree!

Aubree's very own friend, Malia - partners in crime (don't you love how Aubree is choking her in this picture?). They are only a couple weeks apart and they are both the youngest with two older siblings. It is so fun to see these two interact with eachother because these playdates are their first experiences with being on equal footing with another human being. They enjoy reading books to each other, playing hide-and-seek, playing house (too cute), and unwrapping presents together. :)

She was not in movement when I took this picture - she was posing for me. ha ha! I guess she thought this would be pretty for a picture.

bye-bye!
*wink*
3 comments:
I loved your updates!! Oh my, Aubree is stinking CUTE!!! She is like a perfect mix of all the rest of you! It was fun to read about how things have been going for you guys. You are the cutest family!
she is a little doll! cutest little cheeks ever! And what an adorable little personality she has! I thought the present unwrapping was pretty funny--seriously how could you be mad at two cute little girls like that! such a fun age. Kind of miss it.
She is so adorable! Makes me a little baby hungry for a cute little girl....
Post a Comment