As one of our spring break activities we went to Antelope Island (way out west of Davis County). It was so much fun! It felt like we were a real family. I know that sounds weird, but I felt very grown up like I was really a Mom. I think it's because I remember going through Yellowstone with my family growing up and this had a similar feeling. It felt good. Aaron and I want to do more things like this as a family - be in the outdoors, make memories, ya' know, all that good stuff.
Aaron and I (and our girls) really love animals - seeing them in their natural habitats and such. Well, Antelope Island was the perfect place for us to go. Just 30 minutes away and we saw all sorts of great stuff - tons of birds (Aaron and I are getting to be quite the birders), antelope, mule deer, teeny tiny shrimp, and beautiful views!

We saw this buffalo (and several others). I felt like a tourist in Yellowstone, hanging out my car window to get a picture of this big guy (or lady). But the nice thing about Antelope Island is that everyone is there just to see the animals too, so you don't have to feel rushed. (My Mom was always so annoyed when people would stop on the roads in Yellowstone to look at or take pictures of the animals. We were
not there to sight see - we were getting somewhere much bigger and better - Burlington, WY.)
Anyhow,

Here's our little miniature sight-seers. They were loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment