Monday, July 16, 2012

Accepting this Blessing

Aaron had been applying for other Landscape Architecture positions for the past several months and had gotten a couple responses from firms in other states, but no job offers. After several applications and resumes sent, we were beginning to think we would just have to stick it out at his current job until the economy picked up again. His current job just wasn't his ideal job and his boss was far from an ideal boss - but we figured this job was better than no job. Well, about a month ago Aaron found a job opening at a firm in Connecticut that looked awesome - so of course he applied. We didn't expect to hear back from them, but about two weeks later they contacted him for a phone interview and two weeks after that they flew him out to Connecticut so he could see the office and meet everyone there. I was a little pessimistic (because of Aaron's current job situation) and figured that it wouldn't work out, but when Aaron called on his way home he said it went really well and he felt really good about it. So, long story short (there was a lot of stress for a few days on our part), Aaron got an official job offer with Cummin Associates and would start the beginning of August!

(So, now on to the title of this post - Accepting this Blessing.)
After having gone through unemployment once and then Aaron having a really hard boss and negative work environment more recently, I've personally had a hard time accepting this wonderful opportunity as being real. The other night I had a dream that we moved our family and all our stuff to Connecticut just to find out that the new boss didn't want to hire Aaron after all. In the dream I kept asking Aaron if he was being serious or if he was kidding with me. I was so scared because now we didn't have a job and didn't know anyone in Connecticut and I didn't know what in the world we would do! It was a nightmare - I woke myself up and had to convince myself that it was just a dream and not real! That dream is only a slight exaggeration from the feelings I'm constantly trying to push away. I keep thinking it's too good to be true - living in New England, Aaron's dream job, great boss, and good compensation. We've spent so long being under-compensated, and in jobs that we can't see a future in that we had just resigned ourselves to living that way indefinitely and trying to figure out what Heavenly Father wanted us to learn from it.  So, now I'm having to re-train my thinking, allowing myself to believe and accept this blessing, and reminding myself that we are deserving of this blessing.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck in CT! It is crazy to think of moving there but it will be an amazing experience! You will get there just in time for the the fall which will take your breath away! We'll be thinking of you!

Carolyn said...

You DO deserve this blessing! I'm excited for you (and slightly jealous :). Can't wait to see pictures and hear how the move went! Tell Aaron that Dustin single handedly has 16 projects right now!

Shawna said...

I totally knew what was coming..just couldn't figure out why it hadn't happened before! Aaron is super talented and a great guy to work with--it was only a matter of time! Still can't believe that you are in CT of all places!!! I have been dying to hear all about the move, the drive, the new house, etc!! Good luck get settled and hope everything is more amazing then you even dared to hope!!

sarah baldwin said...

you are more than deserving of this blessing camile! and you strengthen all of our testimonies by your faith in moving forward into the dark (or beautiful light of new england). we miss you guys but can't wait to hear about all of your adventures.

xoxo the baldwins