While Sophie and Scotty were here I asked the kids to make a list of some things they would like to do. The list included: party with presents, Boondocks, cake, Disney Land, and Disney cruise. So, I combined the cheap ideas and we had a "Happy Birthday Summer" party. The kids drew a name and got to pick out a gift at the dollar store. Then we made cake and homemade ice cream and sang happy birthday to summer.
This was a yummy recipe I found in "Our Best Bites" cookbook. It's hollowed out zucchini filled with veggies, breadcrumbs and cheese and grilled on the grill. SO YUMMY!
Ready with treat bags to go to the Fourth of July parade
After the parade we went swimming down at the pool with Reva's family. That night we enjoyed the fireworks.
Happy Independence Day!!








1 comment:
love the daddy-daughter date:)! so you forgot to tell us what you did while they were all gone??
what a cute birthday party for summer..I always want to celebrate when summer comes too..I never thought about buying myself a present to celebrate..what a great idea. And cake too--perfect! you should make this a tradition for the beginning of summer. The zucchini logs look yummy..love zucchini!
The pic of aubree with the treat bags is too funny! and I love your floppy hat. I almost bought one of those before Hawaii but talked myself out of it--they just didn't look right on me. But it looks so good on you...you can always get away with so many styles that I can't!
Still in shock over our phone call today! my mind is reeling and I have been looking up all sorts of things online! can't wait to talk more about it when we come!
Post a Comment