Saturday, January 12, 2013

According to Aubree


The girls were getting all suited up to play in the snow and Ellie had a huge meltdown. Aubree comes over to me and says quietly, "Ellie has a bad attitude once a yeow [year]. She's having one again. I think she has a weally sowe [really sore] bum. It must be weally itchy."
I guess we need to get Ellie's bum checked, cuz she has been having meltdowns a lot lately!

(Just so you know, the way she talks is even cuter in person! I don't want her to have a speech impediment, but I really really don't want her to grow up and learn how to pronounce her R's - it's just too cute!)

The biggest insult according to Aubree:
"Liar, liar pants on fire, hanging on a telephone wire!"



When someone is not sharing with her she angrily sings/shouts:
"Sharing, sharing, that's the thing to do!"

Aubree's "homework" (one of Ellie's extra spelling sheets) - she loves to write letters
I've told Aubree she's not allowed to grow up anymore. I know it's because she's the baby (and she may always be the baby), but I don't want to be done with this stage of life! She told me she has to grow up and go to school, but she'll come home when it's dark outside.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

She's so cute! And looking more grown up. Sorry to say that! :) Grant is looking at your blog with me and is very interested in where Aubrey is in the pictures. Any chance you'll be coming out to visit this year? I should call you soon. It is looking like we are going to have a job change soon. Yay!!!!

Shawna said...

I love everything Aubree has to say she is so cute and funny. It has been really hard on curt and I to watch Ali grow up..she was our little Aubree and we hung on to everything she said and did..we just wanted her to stay cute and little forever. She is still little but gets sassier and sassier and it is just not the same..we still love her...curt would always and still does tell her that he was not going to let her grow up and that he wasn't going to let her go to kindergarten...she was so worried her first day of school that he would come and get her. We are getting over it..curt just keeps begging me to have another little girl.

Lyss said...

These kill me! What a sweet little girl!

Shawna said...

Happy birthday!!!! I tried to call but didn't get you...hope you are out doing something fun or home doing something fun. Wish I could be there to bring you some yummy treat or throw a party. Love you! Have a great day.