Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring Break ... a few weeks ago

I'll admit, I was a bit nervous as I anticipated the break this year. I made lists of things to do and mentally prepared myself for crazy fighting and hearing things like "I'm bored!", "She's copying me!", "You never let me do anything!", and other dramatic exclamations. (Maybe this is totally weird, but sometimes my own kids make me nervous.) Basically, I was just praying we would all survive spring break. And guess what? We had a great spring break. Maybe it's because I had these low expectations, or maybe it's because I made a list of things to do, but it was good. And now I'm not so nervous for summertime! Here are some pictures from the week:

Aubree was helping me make a treat

Carly took this picture of me reading a collection of Robert Munsch stories. (btw, I really am not a fan of his writing - it's mostly nonsense without a moral... usually.)


Carly looked up online how to play kick the can. I totally remember having night games in our neighborhood or being at my Grandma and Grandpa Henderson's house and playing that game!

Below are some pictures at Wilcox Park by the Magnolia tree (taken by a friend)
Ellie - 7
Aubree - 4
Carly - "8 - and I'll be 9 in four months" (that's how she answers whenever anyone asks her age)
I LOVE this picture! It's a perfect photo-description of Carly - climbing a tree and reading a book.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm glad you survived Spring Break! I am already getting field trips ready for this summer because I don't like bored behavior. Did you finalize when you will be in Utah? I really hope it works out to see you guys!

Shawna said...

So many great pictures...all so fun and cute. I agree that sometimes it is best to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised. Glad it went well.