Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back to School

In our village (seriously, we live in a village within a township) there is an elementary school for k-2nd and another elementary school for 3rd and 4th. So, Carly and Ellie go to different schools this year.

 Waiting for the bus with our neighbor. 


Carly - 3rd Grade!

Ellie - 2nd Grade!


Aubree and I had such a great first day of school. (She's staying home with me again this year.) We took a nice walk to Wilcox Park and then to Other Tiger Bookstore where we hung out and read books for over an hour. We walked home and met Daddy at home for lunch. Afterward I had Aubree go upstairs for a quiet time with books (I was pretty sure she wouldn't take a nap since she didn't all summer), but when I went to check on her she had tucked herself in for a nice afternoon nap!

Ellie had a wonderful first day of school - she loves her teacher, her classmates, school in general...
Carly on the other hand was not in a good mood - apparently she has the worst 3rd grade teacher and no BFF's in her class (just regular friends). Poor Carly. I've been telling her that she can be like Anne of Green Gables - always making other people (even people who are hard to get along with) like her.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Hey! It was great to hear from you! I'm glad you gave me your address. I like to blog better than FB even though I am a hit n miss blogger. :)

Your girls are so cute! That is awesome you live in a branch. I bet you are a great example!

I was thinking about you the other day actually and about the day I moved in. You were so awesome to welcome me and it really helped me relax because I didn't know what kind of roommates I would have.

So, thanks. We had some great times. Even though it was just a couple of months. :)

Shawna said...

I really do love all your posts... Now that the kids are in school I need to call and do a much needed catch up chat.
I think it is crazy that the kids go to different schools. A little sad but kind of good for the kids in some ways to be independent.
Your kids are really beautiful. And you dress them so cute. You need to help me shop for my girls. I am pretty good with little girls but struggle with this tween age stuff.
I love all the personality of the girls that shows thru the pictures.