Doesn’t it seem foolish to spoil sweet and joyful experiences because we are constantly anticipating the moment when they will end? We shouldn’t wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available—all the time! Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect. “This is the day which the Lord hath made … ,” the Psalmist wrote. “Rejoice and be glad in it.”... There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it.
So, I've been praying and trying to recognize my blessings and my happiness in the moment and I think I'm getting better at it. :)
For Carly's birthday this year she had a late-night movie party. Unfortunately it didn't quite turn out as she had planned which is kind of hard for someone who is a meticulous planner and perfectionist. And on top of that, there was one major party pooper (a girl who moped around and caused drama throughout the whole party). I wish I wouldn't have forgotten to take pictures of the party and decorations! :( But here are some recent pictures of Carly:
Carly only asks me to do her hair about 3 times a year, so of course I had to take a picture.
Opening some birthday presents before school.
3 comments:
Okay, I love your cute house..the blue door, the shutters, the porch...it is so quaint.
Happy birthday Carlie!!! Can't believe you've been there a year now. I need a post on that!
So did she win the lottery in that last shot?
I forgot to say amen to the first part of the post. Totally something I struggle with, recognize I need to do better with and beat myself up about. Excellent quote...I think I will take your advice and take it to the next level and really pray about it and make it a goal. They are growing up so fast and it kind of freaks me out...I know I need to start enjoying it more and chill out and do everything I want to do with them before its too late. Maybe that's way grandparents are so awesome and spoil so much..they are making up for lost time.
What a good reminder that that was also my goal (I need to be reminded that I make goals, otherwise they are quickly forgotten). Sometimes I do better than others, now is not one of those times. So, thank you! I'm totally curious what that great birthday present was. And, what a great first day for you and Aubree!
Post a Comment