Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween around here is generally pretty low key. No school dress-ups or parades or carnivals to worry about and the girls just choose something out of the dress-up collection to use for their Halloween costume. We probably wouldn't win any costume contests, but the girls haven't complained, so we'll just keep it simple!  

Carly was a Cat. The ears are homemade and the tail is one of my belts!


Ellie was an Enchantress this year (I think she was last year too). Here she is with one of her new best friends that lives the next block over. (I love Ellie's face in this picture)



Aubree was a fairy princess. Her costume consists of a very badly stained pink princess dress, torn wings, and a very red shirt. She was happy as could be with this costume and extremely proud of this full bag of candy!

We had a dinner at our neighbor's house, then Aaron took the girls trick-or-treating while I handed out candy. I think we got close to 400 trick-or-treaters this year!


The next day the girls had the traditional Halloween candy sorting and trading. I love seeing them do the same things I did (and probably every kid does).

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love your costumes! That sounds like my kind of Halloween costumes! I loved reading your post on the books. So many of those are our favorites, too. And I love that you are posting from your journal. It is fun to hear your "voice" from years ago. Also, I love your hair!!! It makes me want to cut mine (except I have cut mine short before, and it didn't look at all as cute as yours).

Shawna said...

How funny...I thought I already commented to this post but I guess I didn't. Maybe I got distracted mid comment and didn't post it. I am SO envious of your Halloween...as already discussed on my blog..I do need to be more like you. I didn't buy costumes either but I also don't buy a lot of dress ups so we raided my friend Karen's dress ups for the girls Halloween costumes..which really saved my bacon! And in our new ward there is no trunk or treat just the good old fashioned trick or treating..yay! Now if I could just get the school to not do parades! haha! your post definitely made me want to move to conn. just for Halloween!! I love that your girls are so chill about it and don't have high expectations. Simple is always best, isn't it!? I will have to reread your post to my kids next october so that they are on board with the simple thing:)! And tell the girls that I thought their costumes were totally awesome and that they are such cuties!!!