Due to Facebook, Instagram, and lack of self-discipline I have not been a very dedicated blogger. But, I do want to have these pictures on our internet-journal, so here they are with some captions:
We celebrated Thanksgiving with a few other families from our branch this year. Here is our Thankful Tree that we had in our dining room:
Aubree LOVES purses. She has about 8. And they are all full of the most random, and sometimes important things (like the DVD from the library that we now owe like $8 on - and we never even watched it!)
Here's a little faith promoting (and kind of funny) story that has to do with Aubree's purses. The day of General Conference I was frantically looking for these little prophet cards that I had put on the computer desk just a couple days before. They were no where to be found, and NO ONE knew where they were! Well, about 15 minutes before Conference starts I finally think to say a quick little prayer to help me find them. A few minutes later the thought came: "look in one of Aubree's purses". Of course! And what do you know? Yep, they were in one of her purses!
This is a sample of the randomness that comes out of one of her bags.
Also, Aubree learned how to jump rope recently.
Happy Movember!
Crazy hair day for Carly. Look how long Ellie's beautiful hair is!
Christmastime!
I love having this banister to put a garland and stockings on. And I love having a cute little girl to pose with the garland!
(when you grow a beard it's not cool to smile in photos)
A local ballet school invited some of the 2nd graders to be elves in their nutcracker performance - for FREE! The 5 weeks of ballet lessons would be free, the costume would be borrowed, and she would get the experience of being in the Nutcracker - awesome! Only I didn't know at the time that the tickets would be $40 A PIECE, and the ballet shoes are $20, and the week of the performance would include 10 HOURS of rehearsal time! And to top it all off, Ellie was only on stage for 10 minutes and the whole time she was sitting on a prop - not dancing, not even moving. A little disappointing, but even so she is so cute even just sitting on a prop and she did get ballet lessons, and I got to see the Nutcracker. AND Ellie and I had a special dinner date before the performance - dinner dates are always fun!
3 comments:
Great update!!! Love the stocking on the banister..is this how you did it growing up?? I might have to do this with my new banister. Although I don't have any other christmas banister decor.
I love aubree's purses..alia went through a purse stage around that age that included the same hoarding. We also had a similar experiences losing something and finding it in one of her purses..i.e. curt's wallet, my credit cards, etc. Funny stuff!
Love your thankful tree. It was totally something I wanted to do this year but due to the move it didn't happen. Next year. And that tassel banner above it!...so cute!
I also love that Ellie got to be in Nutcracker! Such a fun memory for her. She looked adorable and free ballet lessons!!! AWESOME!
Love your Christmas decorations!! And for some reason, when I think of you being in Connecticut, it sounds so Christmas-y. Just saying "Christmas in Connecticut" sounds lovely. Like an old Bing Crosby movie. How fun that you are there! How fun for Ellie to be in the Nutcracker! I remember my little sister (Nicole) being in ballets when she was little. It will be a fun memory for her. Even if it was a $60 free ballet lesson :).
Have you seen the old movie Christmas in Connecticut? One my my family favs...we watch it every year.
Check it out.
Post a Comment