Way back in the fall Ellie found a bunch of misplaced bulbs and planted them in the backyard by our lilac bush. We kinda forgot all about it until the end of March when we started to see little green shoots coming out of the ground. So Ellie made a nice rock border and a few weeks later we had beautiful daffodils. What a wonderful Spring surprise! Ellie loves the outdoors and gardening.
As always, we LOVED General Conference. I saw this idea on Pinterest for making a Conference board where you can keep track of the speakers and their topics (and some other stuff), so I spent a lot of time making it (and even bought a laminator). The girls liked it, but we really didn't use it much. The thing we all really enjoyed, aside from the talks, was the bag of candy assigned to each apostle that we would open at the beginning of their talk. :) We consumed so much sugar within those two days!
We spent our spring break at the West's house... house-, dog- and hamster-sitting. As with every other time we've done this, it was super fun for the girls, but by the end of the week I was SO ready to be back in my own home (even if it is 1/5 the size and 100+ years older)!
Ellie + Mommy = LOVE
We went to a beach in Niantic after spending some time at the Book Barns and a fabulous 50's candy shop (where we spent WAY too much money on junk).
We had the missionaries over for dinner and our Sister States (not pictured) was on splits with her sister trainer, Sister Jones (pictured above). Aaron asked Sister Jones where she was from and she said Wyoming. She is from a tiny little town called Otto right by Burlington, WY (the town that my parents grew up in). I told her we were probably related (because I'm related to most people in that little area), and lo and behold WE ARE!!! It was so cool to meet my (distant) cousin out here in CT!
Carly loved practicing back flips and back handsprings on the West's trampoline. She's such a good little gymnast.
Sandy + Aubree = nervous love
(We love Aubree's glamour smiles)
I love the vibrant green of the moss that grows on everything!
Aaron + Camile = LOVE!







3 comments:
So, I kinda feel like a stalker reading your blog since we only knew each other for a short time. But, it's fun to read about your adventures. :) You have a very cute family!
Shawna+camile's blog posts= LOVE!
So glad you updated. If you go too long I get start to get anxious wondering what you have been up to. I know I should just call! ha!
Even though the weather is not amazing, SG does not have the beautiful green that ct has. That moss and that water and that beach and that ocean!!! Amazing! I love that you have your own vacation home there too.
Wish I could see some videos of carly do her gymnastics!! She needs to come try out our new trampoline!:) Heidi can do a front flip but hasn't figured out the back flip. Carly needs to give her some tips! Love the daffodils! I am sucker for just about any flowers!!
How fun about the flowers! Grant and I did the exact same thing! We bought some bulbs on clearance in the Fall, buried them, and forgot all about them until they came up this Spring. And it was such a fun surprise! I feel your pain with kindergarten coming. Grant is my little buddy and it is nice to have him around!
Post a Comment