Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Road trip with the Sisters

 The Boston Temple (which is really in Belmont) was open on Memorial Day and the missionaries were given permission to go to the Temple. They were encouraged to get rides with members to keep their mileage down. Aaron and I were planning on going to the Temple some time that weekend, so we decided to go on Memorial Day and take Sister States and Sister Johnson along for a road trip. (We also brought Flat Stanley along. He is a visitor from Katie Parson's first grade classroom who we are hosting for a couple weeks.)

We sure love our Sister Missionaries! We're lucky that we get to see them a lot - dinners, using our internet, doing laundry, going out on visits, etc. - I think we saw them every single day last week. They are such positive examples for our girls.

Waiting for Aaron and the Sisters to come out of the Temple.


 This is our favorite park to visit when we go to the Temple - Robbins Farm Park in Arlington.


 This is our favorite swimming spot in the area (actually the only beach we've visited in the Boston area). But it's super cool because it's Walden Pond!!!! The ACTUAL Walden Pond where Henry David Thoreau lived for two years. I absolutely love visiting historical sites. I feel like I'm going back in time or something - almost the same feeling as when I'm reading a good historical fiction - but I get to be there and see it in real life. Also, I feel like we're having an educational experience while having a ton of fun.


This is the very site where Thoreau built his cabin with his own hands and lived there for two years as an experiment in simple living. There was a wonderful talk giving in General Conference by Elder Perry about living more simply and he uses Thoreau's experience as an example. It's a wonderful talk, here's the link: Let Him Do It with Simplicity

Such a great day in Massachusetts. We're so glad to have shared it with our missionaries too.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So fun to see them so much! We have one set serving in our Stake, and so we see them more than I ever have in my life. It is great!