Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Miscellaneous

We went ice skating for a Stake social last weekend.


Ellie and Carly both love to sing...there's obviously a bit of competition. I took Ellie to her two year well-check and the doctor asked Ellie a couple of questions, but before she had a chance to answer Carly answered for her. So, the doctor finally asked me if Ellie talked much. I answered, (trying to be humble), "Yes, she actually talks really well".


Speaking of Ellie, we've started having her wear onsie undershirts again. I'm not a big fan of a two-year old wearing onsies (kind of a pain), but I figured it wasn't as big of a pain as cleaning poopies off of the carpet.



5 comments:

Angela said...

Good to hear from you again! How did the girls do ice skating? That sounds like a lot of fun! That's funny about Carly at the Doctors. That's so cute of Ellie singing! She is such an amazing talker. Did you see that Dad finally posted! Yeah! Have a great day! Love you!

New Mexican Youngs said...

Oh little Ellie, she is so cute...it must be hard sometimes to have a big sister. Glad to see you went ice skating - it looks like you guys had a good time. Sage would have loved to be ice skating with Carly.

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

That was so fun to watch! I can't believe she remembers all the words to songs (and at her age too!). I still can't remember words to songs! I have to say that her bow is adorable too.

Shawna said...

wow, ice skating looks like an adventure..way fun though. Your little girls have such cute little voices. Heidi never remembers the words to songs and makes it up as she goes..so it is impressive that your girls know all the words. So Cute!

Anonymous said...

Stuart was laying on my lap, almost asleep, the other day, when I started listening to Ellie's performance, and instantly Stuart's ears came up... and then his head... He was looking around... Kind of like he had heard that voice before but couldn't quite place it... It was right about then, Carly started singing... And Ellie got louder... So, Stuarted started to sing... they definitely make a pretty good choir. Zola (Ms. Jensen) sure would be proud.

It reminded me of when Carly wanted the doll that Ellie was playing with, at Grand Ol' Randall's and Nanny 'Nette's, and being the older, wiser sister, she decided to teach her one of life's great lessons's... SHARING! SHARING! EVERYBODY, CARING! CARING!... and of course it wouldn't be complete without the biblical reference to King Solommon: "If I had a Barbie doll, and you didn't have one, I'd break it right in two... And give half to you... 'Cause that's caring!..." Let this be a lesson to everyone that even though you don't get to listen at church... your kids do. Love you guys.