
On one particular stressful day (I don't know which one) I decided to ask Carly this question:
"Carly, what do you think I could do to be a better Mommy?"
Carly answered: "Mmm...just sit down and relax...and play with us."
Aaron overheard and said: "That's the Holy Ghost speaking through that child"
It was some of the best advice I had ever been given. I think I sometimes get on turbo mode and forget to just enjoy being a mother. And sometimes when I do just sit down and read or play with Carly and Ellie I am thinking in my head about how much I need to get done and start feeling unproductive. But, really, spending quality time with my girls is the most productive and important thing I can do all day. So, I've been trying to change my attitute and schedule, so that I can enjoy playing with Carly and Ellie more.

This is us trying to "relax" with Ellie (she still doesn't quite grasp the concept and doesn't like staying in one place for very long).
Ellie was having a hard time getting to sleep last night and was begging to sleep with Carly...so cute! Brings back memories of Steph and me - although we didn't share a toddler bed (it was a queen), I do remember nights when Ang and Ryan joined us.
5 comments:
That picture of your girls sleeping together is adorable! It brings back memories of my own. Your girls are so smart -when did they figure out what was most important? Relaxing and playing with your kids really is what will make us good moms. I wish it wasn't the last on my list somedays...
good advice! I notice that on days where i forget the laundry and just hang out that the kids are so much happier and don't fight with me there to help mediate. Thanks for sharing..I guess we all need to make it a bigger priority. by the way...super cute shirt (b&wh)
good advice! I notice that on days where i forget the laundry and just hang out that the kids are so much happier and don't fight with me there to help mediate. Thanks for sharing..I guess we all need to make it a bigger priority. by the way...super cute shirt (b&wh)
I think my kids would say the same thing. Conner and Kali love to play games and just have me relax with them. Sophie sometimes gets upset when I try to clean, she just wants me to hold her. I guess I should enjoy it- someday they won't want to hang out so much. That is sooooo cute the girls sleeping together. I remember all of us in the queen bed. (even when I was in high school sometimes) What is funny is that I never remember us getting mad at eachother about there not being enough room with 4 of us in that queen bed.
Hi Camille. I just love Carly. I miss her. I need to post what she said on my fridge. Crazy how those same thoughts have been going through my head lately too. It makes me feel good that I'm not the only one who faces those crazy kind of days! Thanks for the post! Morgan
Post a Comment