
I need some suggestions on carseats. I hated the carseat I had with Carly and Ellie, so I dumped it as soon as Ellie went to a forward-facing carseat. Are Gracos pretty good? They seem to have good reviews and are decently priced too.
Also, what would you suggest as far as baby slings and carriers?
A couple things that I think are a must:
-Lansinoh lanolin cream - I even used it for a couple weeks before I had Ellie which saved me a lot of pain afterwards.
-A nursing cover (Bebe au lait, Hooter Hiders, etc). I didn't have one of these with Carly and Ellie, but I'm definitely going to have one (or a few) for this time.
.jpg)
.jpg)
You would think I already know about everything that I would need or want after doing this twice already, but I seem to find out about a lot of things after they would have done me some good. So, is there anything else that you just can't live without or have heard that a Mommy shouldn't live without?

11 comments:
We got the Graco system with the carseat that hooks to the stroller and we have loved ours. Even though Sadie is out of that car seat now it worked great. It was really nice to pull it out and put right on the stroller and go. The prices vary, but I think one we got was like around 140 or so. Anyway you can get the car seats seperate too. We haven't had any problems and I really like ours. We got Sadie the next size up in Graco too.
I've always used a Graco car seat, and never had any problems. I think they are just fine! You can definately go out and spend $300 plus dollars on some of the others but I think as long as you hook the base in your car correctly then you are just fine! At Toys R Us, they have this blue and yellow crank thing (sorry I have no clue how else to describe it) but you use it instead of the little medal clips the car seats come with, and that sucker will get your base so tight in the car that it won't budge at all!!! Also about the car seat, on the handle part that you carry, try to find one that doesn't just go straight across like the one in the picture shows, that is how mine is and it makes it so hard to carry espically as they get bigger and heavier, try to find one that makes kind of an S, I know that doesn't really sound like it makes sense, but when your looking if you see one then you'll know what I'm talking about! It just makes the car seat so much more comfortable to lug around.
You certainly need a baby wrap. I'll make you one for the cost of the fabric, and I'll teach you how to tie it. It's really not as hard as it looks. Also, We have loved our Graco baby seat and stroller. I would highly recommend it.
Something I LOVED with Charlotte was this fleece elastic cover for the infant car seat. It has a flap in the center so you can see their face, but it is so much easier in the winter then lugging around all those blankets! I sent mine to my sister, or I'd lend it to you. Another thing I have loved with my 3rd baby was a sound machine. My other two girls just don't understand "be quiet when the baby is sleeping". It has been a life saver!
I could not survive without my baby monitors. I have always worried that I wouldn't hear my kids if they need me at night. Even though our rooms are within feet of each other, I still use them every night, and during nap time I plug them in in the kitchen so I can keep an ear on them and listen for when they wake up. I have two, one for each girl. I take them whenever we're going to stay overnight someplace, too.
Another great item is a bumbo seat. The Hall's Lilli was sitting up without support before our Lily (even though our Lily is about 6 weeks older), and I think it was because of the bumbo. Once we got one for our Lily, she was sitting up within days.
We got a Baby Bjorn, Bailey didn't like it at first but at about 3 months old she started to like it better. I think she'll like it even more once she can ride forward. Also, I would die with out our swing!!
I love graco and the baby bjorns. Although the last year or so I have seen some really cute baby slings that take the place of bjorns. Wow, if feels like a long time since I have had a baby. Good luck!
I'm glad I am so inspiring ha ha! My friend last night said she thinks the cheapest graco's are "crap" (those were her words ha ha) but she thinks if you go midline or more expensive, she loves them. I don't know what carseat/travel sister we are getting yet either. I have a lot of friends who use Chicco and LOVE it. I am leaning towards a Chicco travel system. And I am definitely getting a hooter hider. They are fabulous looking and practical :)
What about a sling or baby bjorn? It's a toss up on this one. Everyone seems to love slings, but I am thinking that they might hurts my back or shoulders... The bjorn with the lumbar back support is comfortable when I try it on with the 15 pound dummy baby. What do you think?
I hvae to say Lilli's car seat isn't really girly but I love it. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5544272
I have a chicco carseat and really like it except for when you go shopping it doesn't fit in the shopping carts...such a pain!
I also couldn't live without lanolin! The first couple weeks were miserable and that saved me! Hope these next 8 weeks fly by!
It's amazing the things you live without and then on the 3rd figure it out! I never got a bumbo or hooter hider until this baby. I liked the bumbo... Brody didnt! The hooter hider was cute and i liked it but never really used it. The ol' blanket was more convenient for me. And I have still yet to invest in the baby bjorn! As for the car seat... I love my Graco! Walmart.com has a huge selection of them and you can have it shipped to your nearest store for free. Good luck... only a few more weeks!!
Post a Comment