Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Catching up

I put Ellie's hair in braids the night before - she has such beautiful hair!




Sad, but true...this is one of the only Thanksgiving pictures that I took over the whole break. Uncle Josh let the kids ride in the back of their Hummer! We were in Rexburg this year for Thanksgiving and had a lot of fun...and fighting (lots of little cousins who think they're in charge).

Franci and Holly (Aaron's sisters) and I went to the movie Fireproof. We had no idea what the movie would be about, but we really enjoyed it.


These are the gingerbread houses that Carly and Ellie made (they were originally decorated with candy - but Carly and Ellie thought the candy would be better to eat)


A Bow Holder
I got this idea from my friend Brandy - (she does all sorts of fun homemade projects)! I made this one for my sis-in-law and I still need to make one for myself. (The picture to the right is what I have been using as a bow holder for the last year or so - I like Brandy's idea much better!)




So, one of the reasons I haven't been blogging lately is because I've been sick for the last week and a half - not fun (head cold and the stomach flu). I think I'm pretty much better now though! So, this is a picture of Aaron and the girls hanging out (watching Robin Hood) while Mommy rests.



Aaron also took the girls to a work Christmas Party for kids while I was sick. They got to sit on Santa's lap. One nice thing about not having TV commercials...

Santa: What would you girls like for Christmas this year?
Carly: A rubber ducky...a pink one!
Ellie: A pink rubber ducky!
(That should make Christmas shopping pretty easy on Santa's wallet!)


Aside from taking care of the girls and me while I've been sick, Aaron has been studying for his licensing exams - pretty intense. He's such a hard worker, I sure hope he does well. One of these days I'm going to post some pictures of what Aaron has been doing at work - he's kind of their in-house landscape artist. I just need his help downloading and stuff.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so cute about the rubber ducky! I can't believe all the commericials especially this time of year directed towards kids...Nicole's girls want everything they see!!

Shawna said...

I love Ellies hair after braids. So is santa going to be able to pull through on those rubber duckies?? Good thing she didn't ask for a ferris wheel. The first time my kids saw santa(last year) they both said"anything you want to give me" and this year Tanner said "nothing"-- That makes Christmas easy. But really at home Heidi asks for everything so this year we have really been pushing the giving instead of getting concept even though Heidi will still get plenty. And I love the bow holder, I am in the process of making one myself--did I already tell you about. If I ever get it finished I'll post a pic of it. I cannot believe how many bows you have collected! I love the double bows but I didn't see the curly-flower one you were telling me about. I am also looking forward to seeing Aaron's designs. Sorry you were sick and missed a party the same thing happened to me last week and I missed our ward party. Hope you are feeling better.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

No way, look at all those bows, I have never seen so many in my life. That is a great idea. I love the Santa picture too. You have the cutest family!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

haypotter300@yahoo.com. It would be so fun to get together. Talk to you soon.

Katyanne said...

thanks for putting up a countdown to kaydence's birthday!!!!!!

Leah said...

Glad you are feeling better, it is no fun to be sick and try and take care of kids too. :( My mom saw Fireproof and also recommended it to me. She said that JD might think it was a little cheesy (and low budget acting) but that it was really good. I also had to laugh at your gingerbread houses. My kids did one a few weeks ago too... and you should see it now!! What do ya expect I guess... too tempting! Wow, you have a ton of cute bows! I guess with having 2(almost 3!) girly girls you build up quite the supply of them!