Friday, April 24, 2009

Aubree's blessing and Doctor appt.

Aubree was blessed by her Daddy last Sunday. It was a beautiful blessing and I wish I would have written it down while he was blessing her. The thing that stood out to me and was very special to me in the blessing was that he said Aubree and I were good friends before and that we would continue that friendship here on earth. It's no wonder that all along I've felt like I knew her better than just a relationship of a few months! Doesn't it make you wonder about pre-earth life and who our close friends were and how it all worked?! I imagine that I was good friends with my whole family (parents, siblings, Aaron, my kids)...


We had lots of family join us which was so wonderful! I wanted to take a picture of the whole family afterwards, but the thought of gathering EVERYONE (24 people) and trying to get a decent picture would almost give me an anxiety attack, so we never even attempted a picture of everyone (I always regret it later). Does the thought of getting pictures taken cause stress for any of you? This is why we have only ever had our pictures taken professionaly once (even the girls haven't had pictures taken) - so sad!


So, here is a picture of our little family on Aubree's blessing day (I didn't even get one of her in her blessing dress because we were in such a hurry before church and I didn't even think of it).

Smiling at Grandma Kathy (Aaron's Mom).


We went to Temple Square later that same day. I LOVE living so close to Temple Square. We are going to try to make it a tradition to go there on Sundays especially while the weather is so beautiful.Beautiful Carly. (Ellie WOULD NOT pose for me!)


------------------------------------------------------------


I took Aubree to the doctor on Wednesday because she's had a pretty bad cold and been a little more fussy than normal and kind of a barky cough which made us a little nervous. While at the doctor she had her rectal temperature taken (which made her really mad), and they gave her the deep nose suctioning (also made her mad). She has a bad ear infection (thus the fussiness - poor thing), and they are going to run some tests on her mucus to see what virus she has (like croup).
Just look at this sweet pouty face!







But, she still gives us sweet smiles too! (She has laughed back at Aaron a couple of times when he laughs for her - so cute!! The first time she laughed out loud it totally scared her - ha ha!)



p.s. Thanks for all of your encouraging comments from the last post - you are all such great friends!

14 comments:

Shawna said...

baby blessings are so special but they seem to be over an gone so quick that it is so hard to really enjoy it. my mom always records what is said on a piece of paper and gives me a copy. I typed Heidi's and put it in her scrapbook and I hope I don't lose the other two before I find the time to type theirs. I'm glad you were able to have lots of family close by-such a perk to live in Northern Utah. Sorry about the ear infection/ virus- it is so sad to see such little babies in any kind of pain and to think you kept her in the house for over a month to prevent something like this! And I agree pictures are way overwhelming..Curt hates when we have to attempt to take pictures that are supposed to turn out a certain way! I really enjoyed our chat the other day! well, have a good one- your girls are adorable!

Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

Sorry, I tried to comment and somehow commented 4 times. Wow, am I computer illeriate. Anyways. . .

Aubree is so sweet. Zada's blessing was so hectic. It was challenging to make it to sacrament by 9 am. How has the adjusting been from 2 to 3 kids? Better or Worse then 1 to 2? I enjoyed your post about the economy. I need to be reminded to have a positive outlook. We are so lucky to have a job lined up after graduation. Now lets see if I can get this to comment just once. . . .

Kyle and Lacey said...

So cute! I love that about you being friends before in heaven. I love to think about stuff like that or wonder if I ever crossed paths with Kyle before we officially met. I think everything falls into place for a reason. Anyway, Aubree's little pouty face is so cute! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Court and Brade said...

camile: lots of things:
1. THANKS for all your SWEET comments on my blog, you are so awesome... serious! I just love you

2. I haven't checked your blog forever, and oh my, I love it. your kids are just adorable.

3. IN LOVE with the video of Ellie and Carly after Carly through the doctor kit at Ellie. It is so funny- Oh I love how she says that HF and Jesus are going to heal her lip- you are SUCH a good mom I just know it!! What sweet little testimonies!

4. I love what you said about Aubree's blessing- I too love the thought of how I really think we were all best friends with our famiiles in the pre earth life--- honestly, I know what you mean- The first few hours I held cooper in the hospital I honestly honestly felt like we had met before - like we were long lost friends. Oh what a sweet sweet thought huh . we are blessed to know what we know huh!

5. Hope you guys are doing okay and hope Aaron's job is going ok

6. Love the last picture of Aubree.

7. Love the song Aubree. Love Bread.

Natalie said...

So cute! Aubree is getting so big! All your girls are just so adorable!
So glad that Aubree was blessed, what a sweet experience!

Angela said...

Love the pics of Aubree! That bow is so cute! Have you gotten the results back yet from her test?

Jill W said...

What a beautiful family! If you guys want to make a trip to Logan, I'm sure Stephen would love to take your photos! He won't charge you anything, it would just be for fun!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

3 girls! How fun. I love the family picture, you guys have the cutest family.

Natalie said...

She is so beautiful! What a special day! You are very lucky to live by the temple. We now live 5 1/2 hours away! We are excited to be going to the temple this weekend in Atlanta. Birmingham is actually our temple, but Atlanta is only 6 hours away. We've never been, and thought it might be fun. Sorry to hear that your princess is sick. Both Kennedy and Nathan have ear infections! Ahhhh! I have been living on 3 hours of sleep a night for days! Hope she gets better FAST!

Leah said...

Those pics of Aubree make me smile! What a sweet comment Aaron made in her blessing. Don't ya wish you could get a copy of baby blessings just like you do your patriarchal blessing?! And I hate getting family pictures too. It gives me major anxiety as well... what to wear, what time will be best for kids, will they cooperate?! We only have one family pic and it doesn't include our newest addition. We need one bad! And poor Brody is almost 1 and I have yet to get a professional pic of him since he was 4weeks old! Oh, well the candid ones us moms take are more memorable right?!!

Carr Family said...

She is so darling. I am with you on stressing about family pictures. We are going to have ours done in a few weeks and I am seriously stressing about what to have everyone wear. I hate that part. I am also thinking of lots of bribing ideas for my girls to behave during the pictures. :)