
(I've tried to type my feelings and thoughts about Blake, but nothing quite sounds right, so here is the obituary.)Blake Derek Johnson, age 17, passed away on November 2, 2010 in his home in Pleasant Grove, UT. Blake was born on Dec. 18, 1992 in Idaho Falls to Ken and Gina Johnson.
Blake enjoyed being in the outdoors, he was a talented and avid snowboarder and skateboarder. He was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He served in his Young Men's organization and participated in annual high adventure activities.
Blake had a very infectious laugh and smile. (Camile: that's an understement! - anyone who talks about Blake mentions his awesome smile. If I was 10 years younger and not related I would have been in love!) He was always surrounded by his friends he loved and cared for. He touched many people's lives through his kindness and example.
Blake was a senior at Pleasant Grove High School. He was commonly on the Honor Roll and took pride in his good grades.
Blake is survived by his parents, Ken and Gina Johnson; brothers, Brandon and Brigham; sister, Emma; and grandparents, Randy and Lynette Johnson and Gene and Judy Moshberger.
Funeral services will be held at the Mount Mahogany 3rd Ward chapel on Saturday, November 6 at 2:00pm. (1548 N. 900 W. Pleasant Grove, UT) A Viewing will be held today (Friday, 5th) from 6:00-8:00pm at the Olpin Family Mortuary (494 S. 300 E., Pleasant Grove, UT) and another viewing one hour prior to funeral services at the chapel.
7 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about that, he is SO good looking. What happened, was this unexpected? I will keep them in my prayers. I can't think of much worse than loosing a child.
I am so sorry to hear about your nephew! What a hard time for your family. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
I'm sorry Camille. That would be so hard to go through, you and your family are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. Your whole family is definitely in our prayers.
He really is such a cute kid! From everything I have heard he sounds like an amazing guy too. What hard loss for the whole family. I will pray for Ken and Gina as well as the rest of the family that they will make it through this.
Camile, I am sooo sorry to hear about Blake. Please know that you and your family continue to be in our constant prayers. I know that he is now encircled in the arms of our Heavenly Father and that one day you will all be re-united. We will continue to pray especially for Ken, Gina, and their children. XOXOXO
Post a Comment