Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bedtime stories

The girls love to have Daddy tell them bedtime stories. Some he makes up and others are from books or movies he already knows that he'll make into a story for the girls. Well, a few nights ago he started telling them the story of Lord of the Rings. After the 3rd night of Lord of the Ring bedtime stories Carly was having a hard time sleeping peacefully. She finally came into our room and stood by my side. "Mom, I can't sleep".

I ask, "Why? Are you scared?"

"Yeah"

Then the fateful question, "Have you been thinking of Lord of the Rings?"

I have never seen Carly move so fast! She scurried into our bed and into the covers between us faster than I could say Gollum!

She started whimpering and said, "Mom! Don't say that!" (just the mention of it scared the "living daily wicks"* out of her).

So, we have decided to re-introduce the story when they're a little older.


* "living daily wicks" is Carly's version of "Living daylights" :)




Another Favorite Bedtime story


Carly LOVES Calvin and Hobbes. She usually just reads it to herself, but sometimes Daddy reads it to her. Ellie and Aubree enjoy listening in occasionally.

1 comment:

Alison and Troy said...

Haha! Lord of the Rings is pretty scary! It's so cool your girls love books so much