Sunday, January 22, 2012

29 years and 364 days

Tomorrow I turn 30. Below I've listed a few of the reasons I look forward to my thirties (or reasons why I'm not sad about turning 30).
-I still have great health. I don't have as much energy and I'm not as flexible as I once was, but that isn't so much my age as it is my lack of exercise (I definitely want to do better with this so I can keep my health). I might start getting worried about my age when I need new hips or something like that, but for now my body doesn't really feel that much older.
-I'm not concerned about wrinkles - in fact, I didn't even notice I had any until other friends my age started complaining about theirs. And I'm not worried about my three gray hairs that I have stopped plucking out of my head - I'm going to embrace the wisdom that comes with them! (When it becomes noticable I'll start dying my hair. ha ha!)
-With the bigger number in my age I'm sure that our income will also get bigger with the years - always something to look forward to.
-One of my friends turned thirty a few months ago and posted this quote on her blog: "Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Since my nephew died, I've thought a lot about death and I realize that death is not an awful thing and that our spirits go on living and go to a better place. But, I'm so grateful to be given this privilege of growing older and having this mortal experience. I'm grateful to watch my children grow and I expect to see my grandkids grow too.





My family

2 comments:

Shawna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for paving the way for me and making 30 sound pretty great! I think you shared some wise words...you have always been wise though regardless of age. You look amazing! hope your birthday is awesome!

Kyle and Lacey said...

Happy (very late) birthday! I have been bad at checking blogs lately. I hope you had a great day! You sure make one fabulous and beautiful 30-year-old!