Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Carly and Ellie have been looking forward to Valentine's Day for about a month now! I got on pinterest and found some really cute ideas for homemade Valentines that I knew they would love. But instead, the girls started making homemade Valentine's. So, today at their class parties, each of their classmates got a totally authentic, unique and hand-made valentine card from Carly and Ellie. They were so cute and so much better than the pinterest ideas - because it was thought up and made by them! I was very impressed (but not surprised) that they spent so much time on the Valentines and didn't give up. They are such talented and creative girls! (I wish I would have taken pictures - what was I thinking?!!)

I was able to help out in Carly's class for the Valentine party and Aubree came with me. I love volunteering in Carly and Ellie's classes. They are always so excited to see me and so proud to have their Mom there at school. It's also good to see who the kids are that I hear them talk about at home. I let Carly choose out my outfit for the party - my pink sequined shirt with a cream cardi - pretty snazzy! I let her choose it because when I first told her that I would be coming to her Valentine Party, this was our conversation:
Carly, "What if the kids don't like how you look?"
Me, (a little offended), "It's not very polite to tell someone that you don't like how they look sweetie."
Carly, "I know, I don't ever do that."
Me, "Well, do you like how I look?"
Carly, "Yes"
Me, *sigh a sigh of relief*
So, even though I'm sure she didn't remember that conversation, I decided to let her choose my outfit so she could be proud of her mama! :)

Valentine's Day was always my favorite school holiday. I started having crushes on boys in preschool, so you can bet I loved giving and getting Valentines and comparing them with friends and trying to figure out who had crushes on who based on the Valentines recieved! :) Speaking of which, I did notice that Ellie's Valentine for Brooks was the biggest one she made, and Carly's valentine for Tate had two pieces of candy on it. :) I still remember agonizing over which valentine to give to Doug Bowen - should I go ahead and and give him the one that says "Be Mine" or just play it safe? (Doug, was probably my biggest crush on and off throughout elementary.)

2 comments:

Shawna said...

oh the memories!

Natalie said...

So, I'm dying to know what she picked out for you to wear!!