Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just the two of us

Now that Carly and Ellie are in school all day, it's just me and Aubree now. It's a little weird - but good-weird. :)

Here's what we've been up to:
 Going to the beach

(I have a similar picture of Ellie wearing this same swimming suit back here.)


 We've been going on walks - Aubree and I both feel a little weird just being the two of us, so she usually brings her baby. :)

 We're also doing a preschool group (really just music and movement) with some other moms and kids in our ward - this was her first day. She was so excited to go to her own preschool.


I just love this little girl - every picture of her that I ever take turns out so cute!


Aubree still takes a nap, so I get a couple hours where it's just me.
Aside from regular, I've done more internetting (probably too much) and I read this book

Add caption
 We have a book club in my ward and this is the book we are discussing tonight. It's a non-fiction about people who are outliers (people whose achievements fall outside normal experience, such as Bill Gates or the Beatles), and how they become outliers. It's really made me think. I'm really looking forward to the discussion tonight - and a chance to have a GNO (I think Book Club counts)!

I'm still waiting for my life to get really organized and productive, but the time just slips by so fast (probably the internetting). :) I guess I'm learning that an organized and productive life doesn't just happen (even if kids are in school all day), I still have to work at it.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I can't believe Aubree is old enough for a preschool group...she is still just such a little thing! So fun that you guys are hanging out just the two of you and doing fun things like going to the beach! jealous! I still have Alia half the day and then a crazy Isaac while she is at school. So awesome that she still naps! And thanks for the book recommendation..always love a good book.

Angela said...

I loved seeing your little tour! It looks like Aubrey is loving all the one on one time. What a good mom you are. I am going to have to call you to find out more about your book. I want to read a good motivational book and that just may be the one. Have fun at book club and I need to get off the internet too. :)