Carly's first birthday surprise was the arrival of Nanny Nette and Grandpa, three days before her birthday. Nanny Nette and I made this cake for her. We got the recipe from the friend magazine - it was a cake that President Monson's mother would make for his birthday (which is also in August). It was really yummy and really easy to make too (of course Nanny Nette did most of it though).
For her birthday she got a new outfit, a couple kickboards for the beach, some American Girl books, craft stuff, and money. Her biggest present (aside from having N. Nette and G'pa there) is gymnastic lessons for this next year. She is so talented when it comes to gymnastics (and a lot of other things too). She got a really sweet birthday present from her cousin Kali. Kali put together a slideshow with music and quotes about baptism and pictures of Carly from when she was a toddler to now. She sent the DVD of it with Nanny Nette and Grandpa. It was so awesome and so thoughtful - brought tears to my eyes!
The baptism was really small, just us and about a dozen other people, but it was still wonderful. We gave her a set of scriptures on her baptism day. Aaron and I also got a set of scriptures when we turned eight. I used my 8-yr-old scriptures until Aaron and I got married and he got me a set with my new last name on them. I'm sad that this is the only baptism picture I have! So many reasons (excuses) as to why this is the only one. But, anyway, isn't she cute?! We LOVE you Carly!!!





5 comments:
Way to go Carly! We are sorry we weren't able to come to the baptism! The kids were a little bummed they weren't there for your special day. Congrats on your big decision! And you looked amazingly beautiful! I love that dress!!
Oh and happy late birthday too!
No way, is she really 8? My, how time flies. I love reading your blog and seeing your adventures back east!
I can't believe she's 8 (although I should believe it, because Maren will be next). She looks beautiful. That cake looks fun! How nice to have your parents there.
Yay, I found your blog! I love it, so fun to see the pictures of your sweet family. We are excited to have you in our ward, especially living so close to us! Talk to you soon.
Ok, now will I get off the internet. I had to catch up first though. Mom and dad are the greatest, aren't they? I am so glad they got to come celebrate and be there for Carly's baptism. I always get a bit depressed when they leave but I also get a spark of motivation to clean, organize and work hard around the house.
Post a Comment