Friday, September 21, 2012

One last pool party

About a week before we moved we had one last annual swim party with my family down at our pool. Aaron's sister Holly and her family also drove all the way from Rexburg to join us and see us one last time before we came back east. All of my siblings were there (not all the grandkids or in-laws though).
We had a blast as usual.
 (These pictures are making me homesick! I just love these guys!)
 A few of the grandkids. The older grandkids were so sweet to my girls before we left. They had sleepovers together and Kali and Emma each got the girls going-away gifts. They were so sad to see us go - it made us feel very loved! My girls have such awesome cousins (on both sides of the family)!

 All six of us from oldest to youngest (and yes, that is a toilet planter in the lower-right corner of this picture)

The original Johnson-8. (taken with Ryan's camera) I loves these guys and miss them so much - I try not to think about it too much. I feel so torn about living away from extended family. I think it's wonderful to branch out and go somewhere on your own (as your own little family), but at the same time I want my girls to have close relationships with all these people and have memories with them growing up and have that support system.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Wow Camile! I didn't know that you had your whole family come see you before you left! That is amazing! Such a cute family! So many memories!:) I agree with you on being torn between being close and far! So tough!! I think we have a pretty good balance compared to you..and I used to think we were kind of far away.