"The same God that placed that star in a precise orbit millennia before it appeared over Bethlehem in celebration of the birth of the Babe has given at least equal attention to placement of each of us in precise human orbits so that we may, if we will, illuminate the landscape of our individual lives, so that our light may not only lead others but warm them as well."First off, I had never thought of the Star of David being placed in orbit long before the birth of the Savior. But of course it would have been - it wasn't an afterthought! Then, I think of how my Heavenly Father put at least as much thought (and probably more) into when and where I would come to earth and the people who would come into my orbit. What kind of influence do I have on those around me and what influence do they have on me? It's a little overwhelming sometimes. And I think of these words - illuminate, lead, warm - and wonder if they are words I can use to describe myself.
Friday, December 21, 2012
My Orbit
This is a quote from Elder Neal a Maxwell I've run across a few times and it always gives me a lot to think about:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great quote. I had never heard it before but it is pretty awesome to think about.
I would have to say that you have always been an amazing influence in my life and it wouldn't be the same without you! You have been a leader, a light and a warmth to my life:)! I'm dead serious! You have been a great friend and blessing in my life. Thanks for being you.
They are words to describe you! You have an infectious personality! We miss you around here!
Thanks for sharing! I've never heard this quote and I love it! Love your thoughts on it!
Post a Comment