Ellise lost her first tooth! She was very excited to finally lose a tooth - I think most of the kids in her class had already lost a tooth (or more).
Aubree and I volunteered to help the second graders do gingerbread houses (lucky for Aubree, they had some extra supplies).
Carly and Sarah. Sarah is also one of the oldest in the second grade and she loves to read and she is very mature for her age - her and Carly are BFFs.
Aubree hid the buzzer for our Taboo game behind her back and would make her nose honk whenever someone would pinch it.
Christmas Eve pajamas - but this time we did robes since we have plenty of pajamas at our house. Aaron gave me my robe last year for Christmas and the girls have wanted their own ever since.
Our sweet neighbor, Bernie, gave each of the girls a little Christmas gift - so nice and thoughtful!
Can you believe I didn't take any more pictures of Christmas day?! I think this is partly because I really don't like my camera very much.
We had a wonderful Christmas even though we would have really loved to see our families. The weekend before Christmas we had a book club party with spouses (no kids) at the West's. On Christmas Eve several families in our ward got together for dinner and festivities at the Olson's. And for Christmas dinner we went to the Kirkpatrick's house for a delicious steak dinner. We're so grateful to have friends here who helped us not feel so homesick for Christmas.
Each year I have such wonderful plans for making our Christmas so Christ-centered and full of service and just perfect. But I think I'm realizing that it has to start with me and I need to plan ahead. I just get so busy and preoccupied.... I'll do better next year. (And I'll try to remember that these things are never perfect until looking back on them five years later.) But really, we did have a wonderful Christmas.
Oh yeah, and I got something that I've been wanting for a LONG time...
One of my friends posted this deal on Facebook so I got this brand new beauty for $200 (that included the shipping)!!! I'm in love.
Moving on...
Ellie is quite the hairdresser - she did this french braid in Aubree's hair.
Carly working on drawing with Daddy. This is a picture of Mr. Smith.
Aaron had the whole week off which was so nice! We watched a lot of movies, went to the gym a few times, the library, and ice skating. The girls have a new appreciation for figure skaters - it's harder than in looks!! Aubree was kind of like Bob ("I sail!") - her trick was to lean on a crate and let Mom or Dad do the work.
2 comments:
Yay for the mixer! Mine is dying after ten years and makes a lovely loud grinding noise but I still use it and love it.I am sure Aaron will appreciate this gift too.:-)
Can't believe Ellie can French braid already. Looks as though you have already made lots of friends and are settling in nicely. So glad you had a good Christmas!
Yay for your Kitchenaid!! I have a super old one (a hand me down of a hand me down) and the paddle is gone, so I haven't used it in a few years. But, I look forward to the day when I will remember to replace that paddle! I loved it! Sounds like you had a fun Christmas! Robes are a great idea. I'll have to remember that for next year! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment