Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mom's Fun Weekend

Sometimes a mom needs some fun.

Since our anniversary was on Thursday we decided to go to a Ella's Fine Food on Friday. I will give that restaurant 6 out of 5 stars - it was so good and sooo fancy (coming from people who never go anywhere fancier than Texas Roadhouse). The host even pulled out our chairs and put our napkins on our laps for us. I had to use some major self-discipline to not burst out laughing - we are not used to such fine dining. I had roasted duck (with some side dishes I don't know how to pronounce that were so yummy) and Aaron had gnocchi with lobster mac and cheese. We had tuna tacos on won tons for an appetizer and an apple turnover for dessert. It tasted way better than it even sounds! We could barely walk out of there we were so full!
Here we are ten extra pounds later (and me mid-blink), but don't we look happy?!

The next part of my fun weekend was a trip to NYC to see a show on Broadway with a friend (and her friends). They had been planning this trip for awhile and just a few days before one of the friends had to cancel, but her ticket was already paid for. So, they invited me to come and use her paid for ticket! Heck yes! Sweet!!! So, we took the train in to the city and had a marvelous time and here are the pictures to prove it.
 Tiffani, Kim, Erica, Melissa, me, Annie
I had been to NYC twice before (as a teenager with my family). But, it was like being there for the first time. I love that city. We went out to eat and got lost a few times and window shopped.

 Grand Central Station
I was a total tourist, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. (I don't think it's right to not enjoy a wonderful place when you're in it and just rush around ignoring the beauty - whether nature or man-made - around you.) I had never been to Grand Central, and was blown away by the architecture and detail - it is a beautiful building!

We went to "Peter and the Starchatchers" on Broadway. It was in a very small, but very awesome theater and we were really close to the stage. As for the production.... it was good, but not comparable to the bigger broadways like Les Mis or Phantom. I had actually read the book a few years ago, but couldn't really remember much about it, except that I liked it.
I had a wonderful time in NYC - but it was a long day!
Sometimes a mom can have too much fun.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I love the way you write. I seriously laugh at almost all your posts because of your funny comments. The restaurant sounds super exciting! Love trying new things especially with a six star rating!
As for NYC--what an adventure. I can't believe that you can just jump on a train and go to NYC! So awesome! Personally I think I'd be a little terrified to just jump on a train and go to NYC but I am glad that you had such a great time. Hope things are going well for your family:)!

Carolyn said...

How fun! I would probably laugh too, having someone drape my napkin for me! I love NYC. What a fun weekend for you! And Happy Anniversary!!