Tuesday, March 12, 2013

If I had a Million

I think it's fun to play the "What would you do with a million dollars" game.

*I would live in a beautiful home (ideal location, size, style, yard...)
In all honesty I wouldn't even want a house this big, but I do love the federal style
*and have a cleaning service come once a week


*Go to Europe once a year


*Shopping spree

*New cars
*My girls would get to take all the dance, gymnastics, music and sports lessons they've ever dreamed of (too bad you can't buy more time)

Just the other day we were playing this game with some friends and I realized something for the first time. If I had a million dollars I probably wouldn't actually appreciate some of these things. At least not as much as if I had to scrimp and save for them. New car? No biggie, I get a new car every two years. Shopping spree? I go shopping whenever I want and buy whatever I want. Clean house? Someone does it for me. Going to Europe? I go every year.

Anyway, you get the picture. So, basically I'm glad that I don't have all the money in the world because it makes my life a little more exciting that way. And half the fun is in all the anticipation anyway, right?

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I totally agree that when you work for something it is way better. You may not love the process but you love the results. Fun game! I would to join you in Europe each year. It would take once a year probably just to see all of it.

Carolyn said...

I could probably live without everything that a million would bring. Except maybe that yearly trip to Europe. :)