Wednesday, March 13, 2013

There is Sunshine in My Soul Today

Me and the girls, enjoying spring-like weather a couple days ago

Ellie, watching the spring flowers grow
One thing I love about living somewhere with all four seasons is the anticipation just before a new season begins, and the feelings associated with that new beginning. In the fall I look forward to making soup and pumpkin muffins and the start of a new school year. Winter brings Christmastime and beautiful, clean, fluffy snow and hot cocoa. Summer means vacation! And now that we're by the ocean summertime means beach time. 

Maybe it's because Spring is just around the corner, but I feel like it's the most anticipated because it's a natural anti-depressant. In the spring the air smells so fresh and crisp and like newly mowed grass (sometimes with a hint of skunk here in our neighborhood). I remember pulling out of our garage last May with the window down and being caught off guard by the absolutely delicious smell of the lilac bush in the driveway. Lilacs remind me of my Mom because they're one of her favorite flowers, and in that moment my heart was so so happy and felt like it was overflowing - I just knew that Heavenly Father loved me. And the sunshine. Oh how I LOVE the sunshine - it truly just brightens my soul and makes the day happier!

To me, it's no wonder that the sun and The Son are homophones. Just as the sun brings light and happiness into our lives, so does Jesus Christ. He truly is the light of the world! The more we allow Him into our lives, the brighter our lives will be.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN to that! Love spring and all the goodness that comes with it!

Kyle and Lacey said...

I LOVE this! You are completely fabulous! That is all. :)

Carolyn said...

Spring makes everything more bearable! Even snow again.