"The Education of Little Tree". Such a touching book - I would be laughing one moment and bawling the next. We read it for our ward's book club last month.
A few of my favorite parts:
Granma said you couldn't love something you didn't understand; nor could you love people, or God, if you didn't understand the people and God. Granpa and Granma had an understanding, and so they had a love. Granma said the understanding run deeper as the years went by, and she reckined it would get beyond anything mortal folks could think upon or explain.
[After their dog died...] Granpa said when I got old, I would remember ol'Ringer, and I would like it--to remember. He said it was a funny thing, but when you got old and remembered them you loved, you only remembered the good, never the bad, which proved the bad didn't count nohow.
...When you come on something that is good, first thing to do is share it with whoever you can find; that way, the good spreads out to where no telling it will go. Which is right.
So, now I'm sharing this good book with you...if you like this sort of thing.
p.s. What have you read lately that you really enjoyed? (If you want to know some of my other favorite books, look at my link in the side column)
p.p.s. I still haven't decided about the Twilight series... Since I already read the first book I think I will still watch the movie. (Are they making a movie for each book - or just doing one movie for all?)

8 comments:
Thanks for the suggestion! If you like corny LDS fiction books, the Ariana Trilogy was good. At least it held my attention and kept me up reading on at least one night!
thanks for the reccomendation...I will totally read it.
Ok I am going to read this next. Have you read The last lecture? Ohhh I loved it, you should read it if not. I forgot the authors name but I will get it if you havent already read it. AND I can't beleive how amazing you look for never having to work out. You lucky girl! I figure since I am not prego why not give this good old boot camp a try. It seriously is hilarious. I love it but sometimes I just have to laugh at myself thinking I can be tough!!Will you ever move back to the IF area?
Camile,
You can add a good reads link to your blog easily! You just have to edit your "my books" list and at the bottom it provides a link for you to copy and paste into your own blog. I copied the link into a widget(?) on my blog.
ok...it's time to get crackn' on the twilight books! seriously!! and i also heard that stephanie myer has another book about that is more for adults and it's suppost to be really good, so i have to check out that one too! thanks for the book recomendation! i'm always looking for something good!
So I just looked at your parent's page and I about fell out of my chair laughing. The picture they have of the retirement mansion and talking about living in a trailer in Arco....my family reunion in Arco with you. Ring a bell. Oh we had some classic moments together. I hope your sickness has subsided and you are feeling better. Love ya!
Hey I just started the book Eragon and I am about 150 pgs. into it. I had several people recommend it to me and so far it is getting really good. have you read it??
Fun blogging Camile! I love this book too. My dad read it to me when I was young and I want to read it again. If you liked that one, you will probably love the Ralph Moody series that begins with Little Britches. Ralph Moody is the author and tells of his life growing up. There are 7 or 8 books about his life and Oliver (who is 5 now) has had the first three books read to him twice.
We are now on to the Little House on the Prairie series and Oliver loves those too.
Email me if you want more info on the Ralph Moody books.
Post a Comment