Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Fortune Cookie


So Ellie has given up her bink as of a couple weeks ago, with Daddy's help/insistence. Because of this she has also given up naps (which used to be 2-3 hours), AND it takes her a couple of hours to fall asleep at night.
(Plus, after 4 months, she is still having accidents every day, which adds to the stress)
This has driven me to insanity on more than one occasion.

My parents advice: "it'll be okay, she'll get through this stage...This too will pass..." (Not the sympathy I was looking for)

Aaron's advice (after listening to me lament over the fact that there are no logical solutions and complain about it over and over and over again), "There's nothing we can do about it, so it doesn't help to get so stressed over it..." - obviously not what I wanted to hear either. (I have found much sympathy from other young mothers like myself - thank you Shawna for your validation)

Well, we had Panda Express tonight, and this was my fortune cookie

10 comments:

Shawna said...

That is awesome! I love the fortune cookie! Ya know if we could just buy patience at the store, I'd be willing to fork over a lot of money for it.
Sorry about the insanity and good luck in the pursuit of patience!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Ok that is the cutest post. There is nothing as special as these little people but NOTHING as stressful sometimes either. I love how honest you are, you know every mom can completely relate to your situation! I think I will take the advise form your fortune too.

bdawg schmash andrizzle & n.o.p said...

So did you guys move to Bountiful? Where? We need to get together more... or I should say at all.

Jill W said...

That is just so cute! I think all young mothers need that fortune!

Angela said...

No nap,accidents, hey are you talking about Sophie? It seems we are going through the same stage. Actually, Sophie did take a nap yesterday but not until 3 so she didn't go to bed until 9:30. I don't know what is worse. No nap or a LATE bedtime. I can't relate to the binki though- that would be so hard. She's always gone to bed so good with her bink and frog- so sad! Love the fortune cookie- what irony!

Jeanine said...

I am so stressed about having to take Sadie's away too. I keep wondering if I should just try to break it now. But she LOVES that thing and it is sanity for everyone. UH. I know there are times that it feels you are the only one that knows the stress of the situation- sorry! I hope that it will pass quickly for you!

Chance and Beth said...

Okay, Just found out that you were pregnant!!! Congratulations!! Another girl too, yeah! How are you feeling?

Court and Brade said...

Your little Ellie is cute.. binkie or not :) And thanks for your comments, you are so sweet! I LOVED my wedding outfit too :) I bought the skirt at a boutique in Omaha this summer and could not WAIT to wear it, it was so fun! I also went dark around labor day.. But I haven't really posted pics since then! But thanks, I like the change!

Leah said...

Oh Camile I feel your pain!! I am a total fan of the binky. Jace loved his and I decided that once he turned 2 that I was going to take it away. I did, and it was easy... So, Avery just turned 2 and I thought that I would try and do the same with her. It didn't go so well. She would not stay in bed and kept getting out and asking for her binky. She takes such good naps, like Ellie, and I just can't do without them. So I will probably hold off on taking away her binky for now. At least she only has one at night and for naps right?! I wish you luck on that whole thing because I know it can be so frustrating and hard. You are such a good mommy!

Nissa-Lynn said...

kay-lynn was the same way...gave up naps, took HOURS to fallas espleep at night...and Shton at age 4 still has frequent accidents...it all passes in time...it all adds up to that being a full time mom is the hardest job in the world...because your working 24/7...and it's gets even more difficult when they go to school...there's so many activities and things to remember...and it's hard when you're husband works from 7 am till 8 am most days (like Justin does) being a mom is not easy...I hear ya...but you have to remember what a wonderful mother you are!