Sunday, March 15, 2009

March Madness

This month Carly and Ellie have already both had the stomach flu and colds (all at different times). I'm hoping that the warm weather (just around the corner) will help them stay healthy for more than a week at a time.





(Thanks for the picture idea Lacey)
Oh, how I wish I lived closer to my Mom! We've been having "one of those days" for the last couple of weeks now. It seems like our days are one tantrum/drama after another (even Carly who had pretty much outgrown that stage). They absolutely love Aubree but I think it's been hard for them to have such a tired Mommy who has a baby to feed, change, and hold so much.

Hang in there girls!



Ellie can be kept happy for about 45 minutes doing the dishes. (Don't you just love those love handles - wish mine were that cute!)


The girls and I have been reading a chapter book together - "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" by Kate DiCamillo. It is a great book about loving other people and Carly has really been enjoying it.




Aubree is a projectile pooper. The other day I was changing her diaper and she pooped all over the front of me - gross, frustrating, and funny all at the same time.

Aaron dressed her while I changed my clothes. (You would be mad too if your Daddy made you dress like this! LOL!!)







Our friends, Curt and Shawna, came by to visit for a few hours on Saturday. The kids watched "Sleeping Beauty" while we played Speed Scrabble.






Aubree is starting to smile a lot and "talk" a little bit too. I can tell that she really wants to start cooing but can't quite figure out how to get the sounds out of her mouth. She's such a sweet baby! The only problem is that she doesn't really like to be put down. She doesn't go to sleep on her own and she hates binkies (I'm pretty sure these two things are related). I think she is a lot like Carly in this way.



Carly requested that I include a video of her singing some songs from one of her favorite websites. She is the energizer bunny when it comes to singing - she'll just sing song after song after song....

8 comments:

Shawna said...

great pictures!! I love all of them..the kids ready for grandmas, Ellie doing dishes in her underwear(did she learn that from you or her dad?), A very fashion conscious baby frustrated at her dad, and the movie picture(it really doesn't give the full effect of how funny they were to watch). And I liked the video..Carly really is amazing at learning songs--now, you know how to help her with her homework when she is older-making up songs!
It was way fun visiting you- I was sad we couldn't play longer but I'm sure we'll see you soon enough. Little aubree is adorable too.

Natalie said...

I too wish my love handles were that cute!
Your little girls are too cute and Aubree just looks so sweet.

Leah said...

Your girls are way too cute! Sorry you are dealing with sick kids and a newborn, talk about exhausting. My little guy has been sick all month with the cold and ear infections... no fun. I feel your pain!

I have a sink full of dishes at the moment... could ya send over that cute little girl with the lovehandles to help me?!! How cute is that?! Loved it!

I was laughing at that pic of Aubree and the pants pulled up to her neck! HAHA, I love when their daddy's dress them! She is so cute and I bet the girls just love her to pieces. Hopefully things will get better with them and their tantrums... I am learning that girls are kinda emotional and definitely different to raise than boys. Like I said, good thing they are so cute!

Brooke Campbell said...

So cute!! As you can tell I did get the invite. I was laughing so hard at that picture of Aubree, Jarom is just like that when he dresses the girls they just don't get it do they!! HAHA so cute!

MommaM said...

Your girls are SO cute! I too wish my love handles were cute like that. Sigh... I love the singing too. She is really funny.

Court and Brade said...

LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE the video of Carly singing, what a BABE!! She is a doll. WHat little beauties you have Camile. And THANKS so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog the other day. It made me feel good--- like YEP I CAN do this motherhood thing (I hope:)) Thanks though, you are too sweet. By the way... we LOVE speed scrabble. it's one of our faves, we can play it for hours. And I loved that you took that picture of your girls to SHIP them off to your mom! I bet your mom loves that picture and wishes you would really send them.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Great post, I was excited to see updated pics of all but especially Aubree, she is already getting so big. I have heard after having a baby the other kids get frustrating for a while. I know it will pass but in the mean time it stinks. Your girls are all so beautiful, i can tell you are such a great mom.

Carr Family said...

Cute pictures of all of your girls! I love the picture of them in the box ready to be shipped to the grandparents. :)