Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Children's Museum

Today we took a little day trip to the Children's Museum in Providence, Rhode Island . It was such a beautiful drive going down the highway to Providence and I thought to myself - "I could get used to this". It really is so beautiful out here. I'm starting to get little glimpses here and there of feelings of "home". Not that I feel at home here yet, but feelings that I someday could. And that's really good, cuz I was pretty homesick the first few days and had a couple good cries. Luckily the homesickness hasn't stuck - it still comes every once in a while - but it doesn't stay. It helps to have three little kids to keep busy and to find friends for.
Aubree getting ready to go to the museum


It was a really fun museum - kinda' like the one in Salt Lake City, but not quite as nice. I learned something about taking my kids to a childrens' museum: Let my kids hurry through the first time (without nagging them to slow down) and then go through a second time and they'll slow down and choose some of their favorite spots to spend more time.


Aubree's little work of art.

Poor little Aubree got a big owie at the museum just as we were getting ready to go. She tripped and hit her head (corner of her eye) on a stationary bike pedal and cut herself pretty good (no stitches though). Ouch!!! We were pretty lucky, because if it would have been even two centimeters over it would have been her eyeball.

 Carly and Ellie's construction work of art
 Aubree's hand-made tower
My little midgets

1 comment:

Shawna said...

fun! They are in the process of getting funding for a children's museum here. I can't wait. So did you hit up Trader Joes while you were in Rhode Island? What are you and Aubree going to do when the girls start school?