One of the first places we visit whenever we move somewhere new is the public library. The closest library to us is actually in Rhode Island (less than a mile away). We actually share a downtown with Westerly, RI. The library was built in 1897 (with add-ons since) and is beautiful! Do you see the beautiful woodwork on that banister? And the chandeliers? The library is huge and has wonderful kid's summer programs. The kids went to a really fun science/magic show today.
The library is adjoined to a park (probably at least 15 acres) that is like an arboretum with beautiful OLD trees, gardens, fountains, and this duck pond. At first the girls were a little disappointed to find out that "park" doesn't always mean "playground", although after walking through it the first time, they fell in love.
___________________________________________
River Bend Cemetery





4 comments:
What a beautiful library. I LOVE old things and history so this is so neat to read. Thanks for keeping me feeling like I'm in this journey with you.
I love it! I love libraries and beautiful parks! So totally awesome and totally GREEN!! Keep the pictures coming!
Camile, it's so wonderful to see how you guys are settling in in Connecticut! I'm so happy for you!
Oh, I love old cemeteries and big trees! What a fun place to live!
Post a Comment