Thursday, October 18, 2012

fun things we've done around here

 Body surfing at Stonington Beach (just down the street from Daddy's work). Beaches are endless fun for kids - I love it!!
 _______________________________________________

 Went to Boston for the first time. Aaron and I took turns at the Temple. We had big plans to see more of Boston and go on the "Freedom Trail" (American History sites), but got lost several times and finally just drove home. :( Unfortunately a GPS is only so helpful - especially at intersections where more than 2 streets meet and each street has a couple different names and the streets rarely have name signs on them. grrrrr... so frustrating! But the Boston Temple is our temple so we'll have lots of other chances to find our way around.


___________________________________________________

The next city over from us is Mystic (a very touristy, fun place to visit). There is an old drawbridge there that comes up once every hour to let the boats pass. So, we went out there to look around and be tourists and eat ice cream at the famous Drawbridge Ice Cream Shop (we each got one scoop and it cost $20!!!).

_________________________________________________

 Clyde's Cider Mill. It is the oldest remaining steam powered Cider Mill in the USA. The Cider is delicious, and the apple cider donuts even better!

___________________________________________________

 This is an old dilapidated home on the road to Mystic. Isn't it beautiful?! I wish I knew the story behind it!


1 comment:

Shawna said...

So fun! I want to try a apple cider donut! YUM!! The beach looks pretty awesome too! How nice that in your last house they had a pool to get really comfortable in and then they were ready for the ocean!