Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Important Thing About the Garden

This is a poem Carly wrote in school completely by herself - I was so impressed! (I did correct the spelling from the original.) There is an outdoor classroom/garden at her school that they get to spend some time at when it is nice weather, and that is what her poem is about.

The Important Thing About the Garden
by Carly Parson

The important thing about the garden is that is has VERY beautiful nature and all the things in the garden are beautiful.

All the butterflies' wings flap gently against the wind
as their colors shine brightly in the sun..

The shimmering water of the stream flows gently 
and the beautiful song of the wind chime sings softly in the wind.

The birdhouses hang high above the earth 
and the delicate, smooth petals of the flowers 
hang from their stems coming out of the earth.

But, the important thing about the garden is it has VERY beautiful nature and all the things in the garden are beautiful.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

good job carly! I am impressed! very poetical! Such great descriptions too!