Sunday, May 13, 2012

Elder and Sister Johnson



Nanny Nette and Grandpa recieved their mission call in the mail on Friday...finally!  So they drove the very familiar road down to Utah (for the third weekend in a row) and most of the family met on Temple Square where my parents opened their letter. We had everyone guess where they thought Nanny Nette and Grandpa would go and put it on a map. And I won - I guessed Salt Lake City! They'll be serving in the Church Office Building for the Senior Misssionary Department. I will admit that I was getting a little excited that they might go to England, South Africa, or somewhere back east or something so I would get to visit them, but this is even better. (They'll definitely save on their gas expenses.)

My mom was obviously happy and excited, but I loved seeing how excited my dad was (not as obvious), both before and after they opened it (I would almost say he was even a little nervous beforehand). My dad is generally a very laid back, low profile type (especially if the attention is on him) and doesn't get excited easily - he's just an overall happy and easy-going guy. But I could tell he was super excited about this!

walking to Temple Square

Aubree - 3 years
Ellie - 6 years

Nanny Nette, Aubree, G'pa

reading the letter

Nanny Nette with some of her grandbabies

Dad and Aaron look at the Peregrine Falcon nest box on the Joseph Smith Memorial Building 

Aaron saves me from falling in the shrub bed

1 comment:

Shawna said...

oh man, I love those last two pictures! so funny! I am so excited for your parents. YOur mom is visiting teaching my mom tomorrow so I told her she would have to wait to hear from your mom where they were going on their mission and I wasn't going to tell her. Aren't you proud of me?! Such fun memories!