Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Another Memory
I was about 11 years old at the time of this memory. It was a normal high council Sunday in our ward - slow and sleepy. We were sitting in the chapel as a family, and my Dad was sitting in the clerk's desk on the left hand side of the stand. I had my head bent over on my knees so Ang or Steph could tickle my back. The speaker was in the middle of his talk when there was a loud crash at the front of the chapel. I pick my head up and see that my Dad is no longer sitting in his seat. He's nowhere to be seen. I was so embarassed and my Mom thought my Dad had had a heart attack. Until we see his head slowly rise up from behind the desk where he had been sitting. My Dad quietly got another folding chair from the stand and resumed his clerk's spot as normal, and all the while the speaker kept going. I remember the next speaker got up and began his talk, "It's amazing what you do to keep people awake in this ward". My dad smiled so calmly. It wasn't until after sacrament meeting was over that he told us how he had arched his back against his chair (his trademark way of popping his back) when his chair suddenly collapsed on him. He later found that the chair he had been sitting on had a weak hinge and was a disaster waiting to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
now, that is something I don't remember! LOL!!
So funny! I thought you were going to say he fell asleep. Hey, I don't have your email Or do I? I tried to email the schedule for our field trips. Did you get it? If not, let me know and I'll try again.
Hahaha that made me laugh! I bet he was embarrassed. Definitely would have made high council week more interesting!!
Post a Comment